New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hey! nice read. natamaan pa ako, because i take my car to the casa everytime. hahaha!

anyway, my 3-years warranty will expire by february next year. so i will consider getting it serviced elsewhere. is there a thread for recommended shops here?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *oldblue,

i understand what you're saying. it's just a matter of priorities. example: bumigay na naman yung starter ng car ko (na dapat i-retiro na..) i tested the starter, removed the airbox and MAF, then walked to a neighborhood shop. turns out the brushes need replacement. since walang brushes for this car in the usual neighborhood auto supply, bumili sila ng pang-jeepney tapos they thinned it down on a bench grinder para kumasya dun sa starter motor.

long story short, after 4 hours and 800 petot all is well. ghetto talaga diba? but considering that a brand-new starter is 12000 pesos and the brush assembly (there is no mazda OEM brush, you buy the entire brush holder) is God-knows-how much, i consider it time well spent. pero nakain yung kalahati ng Saturday ko.

at some point, having the time (to work, or to share time with your loved ones) becomes more valuable than saving money by going to the neighborhood talyer. at that point, the casa makes sense already.

but for most of us *cough cough* financially challenged types, the pinoy neighborhood talyer will always be the viable choice.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some of us here actually take to fixing cars [as well as other things] as a hobby so whatever losses incurred can just be part of the cost of the hobby.

Wala naman akong bisyo, hindi naman ako nag-yoyosi, nagdo-droga o nag-susugal. I just like to wrench. Third generation na kong DIYer. Kung hindi ako matuto, baka mapukol ako ng martilyo ng tatay ko o baka multuhin pa ko ng nasira kong lolo. Of course, this makes wrenching fun because the whole family gets in on the act. When I replaced the Vitara's rear shocks, pareho kaming nasa ilalim ng sasakyan ni commander. It may not be your idea of a romantic date but that's how we spend quality time together. Natuto pa siya magpalit ng shock.

Kani-kanina lang, inalis ko yung thermostat ng Vitara (assistant ko ulit si commander). Pero wala ako sa Monday kaya si Mang Ferdie (pinsan ni afrasay) na lang ang magkakabit nung bagong part when it arrives.

If you know how things work and have actually worked on them, saka mo pa lang mare-realize na hindi talaga ganun kagaling ang casa. Madalas overrated lang and riding on the 'brand name' of being 'casa'. Wala pa kong nakitang 'exceptional' na casa. Though the Kia dealer I go to is quite good. Wala masyadong paperwork, wala masyadong BS. Wanna watch them work on your car? Go ahead lang.
    Last edited by OTEP; November 4th, 2006 at 11:28 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    hey! nice read. natamaan pa ako, because i take my car to the casa everytime. hahaha!

anyway, my 3-years warranty will expire by february next year. so i will consider getting it serviced elsewhere. is there a thread for recommended shops here?
    Yeah meron tayong list dito ng recommended shops based on location. Ang gusto ko malaman is saan yun talyer na nabangit sa mandaluyong. Once lang ako pumunta ng CASA and that's bec you cannot mess with the BMW alarm, walang outside car shop na kaya magtangal o magpalit nito. Well even BMW can't take it off, pwede lang daw nila ayusin yun sensors, which will cost me a Kidney. Ang ginawa ko tinangal ko na lang yun horn ng alarm, the lights still blink but namamatay naman after a few minutes.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    seon,
    AFAIK, pwede i-disable iyan. Kasi yung sa Volvo pinalitan namin yung VOLVO GARD anti-theft system ng Autopage. Hindi naman nagkaproblema.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post

is there an answer to the question above? am interested to know too.
    thanks for any reply.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Cars are not as complex as people perceive them to be. I have a Volvo 850 service manual...

As per wiretap_md, a Suzuki Vitara can also speak to you in its own morse code. As long as you have the manual...
    But how do you get the factory service/repair manual? In US, it is easy -- it just another part that you can buy from the parts department.

In Philippines, it seems dealers for some reason have a policy of not selling the service manual, no?

They don't want you to know how to fix your car (after the warranty period), so that you will be forced to go to them, is that why?

Or they don't want repair shops to get the information, is that it?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    very informative article :cool01:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ako din e. ang pinaka-recent kong horror story ay yung sa DMax namin, nung PMS nya nang 20K, ang sabi sa Job Order, chi-neck yug valve clearance, pero nung tinignan namin yung mga bolts sa valve cover, ni hindi ginalaw e. tapos nung warranty claim namin sa window riser, di pinalitan, ni-repair lang. pero nakalagay, pinalitan. yung sa cover nang steering column, kasi may pinatignan kami dun, aba e, bara-bara ang gawa.

saan ito? sa Isuzu Makati.

(sorry can't help it)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jrln View Post
    is there an answer to the question above? am interested to know too.
    thanks for any reply.

the search facility can help you bro.... there are specialized shops discussed here depending on the vehicle trouble (e.g. Zee/Cruven for suspensions, Jaycee/Mang Mario for aircon, Minerva for tires and suspensions, etc....)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Casa Maintained (Newspaper Article)