New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    korek ka diyan fafa happy_gilmore. very much agree ako diyan.

its just a matter of finding the right reputable shop, imho.... and yes, referals like in tsikot.com really helps...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    marami talagang kalokohan sa mga casa.

lalo na sa mga casa tulad ng GM shaw where the mechanics are OJTs and don't know a thing. and they charge crazily too... parts are literally double the price outside, and labor is 10 times as much... all this for sloppier work.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Since under warranty pa rin yung sa akin, dinadala ko na lang sa casa for the check-ups/inspections, as a matter of formality. All replacements of consumables and other parts, sa labas ko na lang pinapagawa.

The only major thing I had done at the casa so far was front body repair, c/o insurance.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    spending too much time learning the ins and outs of your car is more expensive than spending your 3-years in how to make money to get a newer car.

basta nasusunod lang PMS, walang problema.

so far, casa pa ko... la pa ko makitang reputable shops na accesible for me plus compare it to other shops, konti lang difference. o minsan mas makakamura ka pa.

check mo price sa casa then tanong ka sa labas...kung konti lang difference, i-casa mo na at least may warranty.

IMO, nakakadagdag sa VALUE pag casa maintained ang oto. ;)

di rin lahat ng casa matino...at di rin lahat may kalokohan. tyempohan lang mga kapatid.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    happy_gilmore- Bravo on your post!

Finally I have something to show my Mom and my sister (women!) because this is the stand that I have always taken when it comes to our cars maintenance.

After warranty, Goodbye!

Casas have bad apples too and it is a fact that they live on the services, not the sales of their cars. Although it is a good point to buy only "genuine" parts for your ride, it doesn't mean that you have to replace them at the casa where sometimes the labor is more expensive than the part .

Even if the coffee is free...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    its just a matter of finding the right reputable shop, imho.... and yes, referals like in tsikot.com really helps...
    amen to that

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I just read that last night. Have to say, I agree with him... unfortunately, unless you go to one of the more expensive outside shops, it's hard to produce a comprehensive service history of your car.

I still go to the casa for things that are "required", but for minor suspension, alignment and electrical issues, outside, all the way.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bakit ngayon lang na-realize ng author iyan? hehehe.

Basta off-warranty hindi ko na din pinapagawa sa casa. DIY na lang or sa mga trusted mechanics.

Btw, kahit hindi sa casa maintained mga sasakyan namin dito, lahat sila may log containing all work done on each vehicle. Nakalagay sa glove box.

imho, spending too much time learning the ins and outs of your car is more expensive than spending your 3-years
    It's not really that bad especially if cars are considered a hobby. And sometimes it does pay to know stuff about cars. When my cousin had a clutch problem on the Miata, he was left stranded by the roadside and had to spend for towing. When I had a similar clutch problem on the Pajero a few years back, I managed to drive the thing home.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm far from satisfied with casa service, my out of warranty car needed some service so off I went to this casa.

Pagdating ko, sinalubong agad ako ng service advisor. Sinabi ko problem ko - may tagas ng tubig sa water pump. O sige tingnan daw, sabi palitan ko na rin daw radiator cap kasi malutong na daw seal. Tingin ko di pa naman so sabi ko wag na. Binanatan naman ako - di daw nila i-honor warranty kung masira. (Natutukan ako dun ah). Sya sya, cige, pinapalitan ko na rin.

Tapos sabi sa akin, mag pa change oil na rin daw ako - libre naman daw, promo ika. Sabi ko, di na, kasi kaka-change oil ko lang two weeks ago. Malinaw yan, ni review ko pa ang gagawin bago ko pinirmahan. Balikan ko na lang si kotse sa hapon.

Eto na, bumalik ako sa hapon para i-claim na car. nakita ko si bill - nagulat ako, bakit may charge ng oil filter and labor. Tinanong ko sila - libre naman daw oil, bayaran ko lang si filter at labor. Now this really pissed me off... di-nrain si 2 week old na fully synthetic oil at pinalitan ng ordinaryong oil, may babayaran pa ako addl na filter at labor sa isang work na nilinaw ko na wag gawin. Well after arguing to them about it, nag compromise na lang kami. I did't pay them anything on the filter and labor, yun nga lang gone is the synthetic oil.

Needless to say, I did not become one of their repeat clients.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat pinapalitan nyo yung oil na synthetic...why do they have to do the things without the consent of the owner?

baka pwede nyo po post dito yung casa para maiwasan ng iba.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Casa Maintained (Newspaper Article)