New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy
    Sorry, OT here; silverbx so when U migrate back, would you drive a same caliber of car or would you scale back?
    that's what i've been thinking...what kind of car am i going to get?
    sometimes when i see those threads about carnappings, i say to myself...better get those inexpensive ones. but the thing is, i like those, hehe, nice cars. maybe when i get there, that's the only time i can make up my mind.

shaq: early retirement...hehehe i'm tired of the rat race.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbx986
    that's what i've been thinking...what kind of car am i going to get?
    sometimes when i see those threads about carnappings, i say to myself...better get those inexpensive ones. but the thing is, i like those, hehe, nice cars. maybe when i get there, that's the only time i can make up my mind.

shaq: early retirement...hehehe i'm tired of the rat race.

OT: Good for you man. Well, you stay in touch and might wanna come drop by your house hopefully next year or so for our vacation ... LOL

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    no problem shaq. just holler.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    What about you Speedy? What would you drive if you're moving back to the Phils? I would prolly drive an Infinity FX or a VW Touareg.
    I don't think I could retire period! I like cars too much! Joking aside, If I ever retire, I would maintain my residence here in the US. You know, your kids will grow up here and they really have no ties back home other than distant relatives. What I would probably do is purchase a beach house, and park a 4x4 with some room, to haul stuff around and be able to travel comfortably. I would keep the rest in the US. Ultimate goal is to keep the cars in a unassuming warehouse in the west coast and just take whatever you wanted out to drive around for the day Where else could you drive whatever you wanted without someone plotting to kidnap you or your loved one for the car you drive? How about U? Airshaq, are you planning to retire back home too?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Airshaq, are you planning to retire back home too?
    Yes but that would be 30, 35 years from now. Im "only" 29. LOL. But then, I like your idea. Collect some good cars - not ferraris or lambos...just decent cars......something i could drive around without making too much attention both other fellow drivers or the IRS. Maybe an 8-car garage would be nice (i car for each day of the week - the 8th is for my wife of course).

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I dunno about not having a ferrari Airshaq. I have always planned on having one by 40. I'm 34 and I hope to be a bit earlier than what I had planned. They are a lot of eye candy, but to sit and rev the engine and hear the exhaust tone is mozart to my ears! Oh yeah, that definitely after the wife's M or Escalade LOL! A lamborghini gallardo would also be nice

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I dunno about not having a ferrari Airshaq. I have always planned on having one by 40. I'm 34 and I hope to be a bit earlier than what I had planned. They are a lot of eye candy, but to sit and rev the engine and hear the exhaust tone is mozart to my ears! Oh yeah, that definitely after the wife's M or Escalade LOL! A lamborghini gallardo would also be nice

Niceeeeeeeee.......hook me up when you get your redhead car......never drove one before - so...lemme know when can i get behind the wheel...LOL...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Deal!

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    btw, speaking of porsche. i saw a brand new cayenne when i went to pinas last march. not in manila, but in the province up north. deym! i wonder how much that thing cost over there.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    quick!!!...get a line of credit against your property and get this.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/multi_...72&aff=latimes

only $152,000

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Car Talk's Off-Topic Thread