New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    OT na pero just to give you an idea for the baby... Since ayaw ko pumila sa health center and puro private doctors yung nag vaccine sa baby ko, umabot sya halos 90k.
    Hindi mo pa rin alam appetite nyan malas mo lang pag formula ka on the onset you will need to budget 2,500 to 4,000 a week kasama na ibang gamit ng infant.
    It's still up to you though... Choose your priorities ika nga ...

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    sorry another post, just an update, i found a car i like at 450k Honda city 2013, and the my bank agent told me that if kaya ko mag DP ng 135k then loanable amount is 315k for 3 years monthly amort is 10,920, sounds fair?

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    OT na pero just to give you an idea for the baby... Since ayaw ko pumila sa health center and puro private doctors yung nag vaccine sa baby ko, umabot sya halos 90k.
    Hindi mo pa rin alam appetite nyan malas mo lang pag formula ka on the onset you will need to budget 2,500 to 4,000 a week kasama na ibang gamit ng infant.
    It's still up to you though... Choose your priorities ika nga ...
    thanks Jodski, i will keep that in mind, kaya gat maari gusto ko pababain ung 19k in 3 years due to this sort of reasons, saka gat maari gusto namen ni misis 3 years to pay lang para makapag invest sa bahay afterwards

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Konti na lang sir parang mirage glx mt na yang ganyang presyo... Kung type mo mga subcompacts...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^25% for 3 years. Sounds fair for a 2nd hand, pero a bit on the high side. Baka kaya pa babaan kahit 20-21%.

kung kaya kahit 50% DP go.
    Last edited by leodawesome; October 7th, 2014 at 06:55 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Pag kaya ng budget,go for Brand New.Pero kung may mas importanteng gastos,just maintain ur present car until or after all is settled(family first).Mahal din manganak kung maselan.wait for next year,then plan it(financially)wisely.DO NOT even TRY to gamble(your hard earned money) on those REPO units.Just wait for the RIGHT time.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    fixing up your current old car so's it will be in reliable condition, will probably cost a fraction of your (perceived) budget for another new/old car.
    yes, you can have our old car fixed so's it will be functionally reliable again. 1990s honda citys are good cars.. they were designed to stand the rigors of indian driving. but you should not scrimp on fixing it, so's it stays repaired, longer.
    that coming baby.. it's like acquiring a gas-guzzling old car that breaks down on a regular basis...

but if you're fixed on getting a new car, would you consider the minicars like wigo and mirage? they're unbelievably spacious enough, cost less to use, and cost considerably less than a new city.. you can get a basic unit for 450K...

but if you want a car that climbs hills like anthills... get a used diesel revo or (gulp!) innova. but it's not easy getting an old workhorse like these, in very good condition..
    Last edited by dr. d; October 8th, 2014 at 09:46 AM.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    thanks leo, pspd and dr d.

Dr.D, I was thinking of the high-end mirage hatchback pero dalawang bagay ayaw namen dun, ayaw ko ng matic, si misis naliliitan. also thinking of mirage g4 na gls kaso un nga baka hindi enough ung makina nya para umakyat ng bundok pag kinatagalan, saka hindi ko sure if may manual na g4.

I have this potentially wrong impression that an engine below 1.3 in the long run would not be enough to climb these antipolo hills, although di naman katarikan, pero etong Honda ko nga kailangan ko pa minsan mag patay ng aircon mairaos lang ang pag akyat pag may mga nakasakay.

pdspd, even PSBANK repo cars or other banks hindi recommended kumuha? dami ko nabasa issue sa papeles ng oto ng PSBank although nakakuha ung kaibigan ko dun ng 2k8 na vios so far ok naman.

BTT: ano ba mostly ang cons ng used car? ang cons lang kasi nakikita ko sa brand new is ung cost and depreciation nung oto, mas concern ako malaman ung cons ng used car, like hindi naten sure if naalagaan? ung sinasabi na 100% flood free pero hindi pala?

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Brand New Mitsubishi Mirage G4 2013 For Sale by Mitsubishi Philippines - MyCars.ph

apparently there is a manual GLS G4 under 700k hmmmm

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have a wigo.. newly purchased.. not even broken in yet.. and i tell you, if you do not have the patience of Job, you might get irritated with its climbing abilities along the rolling hills that is antipolo. but i do molopisya parking pretty ok.. in contrast, the diesels do it with unbelievable ease..
    the main concern in buying used cars, is "no one sells his used car because it is running perfectly". but of course you already know that..
    very few used cars "looking for a new home" are in "sasakay na lang" condition.. the problem can be as miniscule as a non-functioning cigar lighter, to something as pocket-draining as loose compression or knocking suspension.. or even... a stolen car!!!
    bayan sellers sell cars primarily to make money.
    private car owners sell their cars for reasons slightly less or other than "to make money".
    if you do have to buy a used car, i suggest you buy from a private owner.. they're generally more honest, know the real condition of their car better, easier to talk to, and may give better discounts. cuidado ka lang sa neighborhood nila.. if he lives in a neighborhood of taxis and taxi drivers... heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 8th, 2014 at 10:38 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Brand new versus 2nd hand cars