New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Good day mga Sir. Need tips selling my old car. I want to avoid the hassle of selling it to a direct buyer so I can avoid paper works. I also want to ensure ownership is transferred to avoid possible problems in future. Remove risk of theft. I'm okay to lose maybe 15% as compared to selling it to a direct buyer. Pero ayaw ko naman ng trade in na parang junk shop mag presyo. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    What car model and year?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Honda city 2008. But don't want it to sound like advertising. Tips or suggestions on establishments that offers good rate generally and easy to deal with salamat ulit

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan023 View Post
    Good day mga Sir. Need tips selling my old car. I want to avoid the hassle of selling it to a direct buyer so I can avoid paper works. I also want to ensure ownership is transferred to avoid possible problems in future. Remove risk of theft. I'm okay to lose maybe 15% as compared to selling it to a direct buyer. Pero ayaw ko naman ng trade in na parang junk shop mag presyo. Thanks.

selling it to a direct buyer, will get you a better price. you can have the deed of sale notarized yourself, keep an original copy for yourself, and give the other copies to the buyer. it's really not too much of a hassle.
    selling it to a bayan seller is always akin to selling it to a junk dealer... baratilyo y por kilo! but it is less hassle... if you are ok with open deed of sale documents. (google it, sir, to see the cons.)
    make sure the car is in good working order, and clean and neat. buyers like good-lookin' cars.

i am not sure about consignment basis...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks sir. I-try ko rin sya i-post for direct buyer option. But in case, meron din ba kayo alam na establishment na mas okay mag presyo vs trade in and similarly hassle free?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If you are not in a hurry to sell the vehicle, there is really no reason to be too paranoid. Deed of sale can be copied / downloaded. Notarization does not cost that much, maybe about 500 pesos give or take. Post your ad online (olx, tsikot, etc). Meet up at a convenient public place or at your residence, bring a companion along. Have test drive in a mall parking lot if you want to be safe.

If you check online ads, some sellers of high end cars are also direct and private sellers. Just practice common sense and be vigilant.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks sir. I-try ko rin sya i-post for direct buyer option. But in case, meron din ba kayo alam na establishment na mas okay mag presyo vs trade in and similarly hassle free?

there's this used car store in bicutan. they accept consignment, daw. contact them to see what they have to offer.
    but i can see it now... "sir, your car (whatever model it is, i'm sure they will say the same) is not exactly a bestseller right now.. baka po matagal mabili yan sa presyo nyo. kung ibaba natin ang asking price..."

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I'm okay to lose maybe 15% as compared to selling it to a direct buyer. Pero ayaw ko naman ng trade in na parang junk shop mag presyo. Thanks.

This is workable. Check the most realistic lowest prices at olx, go to a 2nd hand car dealer and ask for their best offer. Negotiate it near your 15% loss margin.

Thing is, they will most probably require an open DOS or you can ask them to make a fastbreak sale for you, in this case, they already have a prospect and they just arrange for you to meet, with them having a small tong-pats on the sale price, and they handle the papers since they have in-house or a suking notary public nearby.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Salamat sa mga tips Sir, very enlightening inquired sa mga Buy and sell establishment and they offered 80k-100k less than what I'm asking. Posted sa OLX and received rush offer 60k less than asking. There are also several inquiries in just a day after posting. I decided na mag direct buyer seller na lang, and not to rush the sale.

Btw, there are minor defects sa car. By minor, meaning I always drive confidently with my family as I know the defects will unlikely cause accidents - example, can't open trunk with key, hand break sometimes difficult to release, dents, flywheel etc. I don't plan to fix them before the sale. Rather, declare them all and give discount approx repair cost. Is that okay?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Salamat sa mga tips Sir, very enlightening inquired sa mga Buy and sell establishment and they offered 80k-100k less than what I'm asking. Posted sa OLX and received rush offer 60k less than asking. There are also several inquiries in just a day after posting. I decided na mag direct buyer seller na lang, and not to rush the sale.

Btw, there are minor defects sa car. By minor, meaning I always drive confidently with my family as I know the defects will unlikely cause accidents - example, can't open trunk with key, hand break sometimes difficult to release, dents, flywheel etc. I don't plan to fix them before the sale. Rather, declare them all and give discount approx repair cost. Is that okay?

yespo.
    "sir, there are a few bugs in it... i'll chop off a few thousand and you can fix 'er up yourself."
    and if potential buyer says the price should be much less as there are a few bugs in it, you can counter, "sir, if the car were in the perfect condition that you wish it were, i wouldn't be selling it this cheap". then flash your big, dis-arming smile.
    ah... human nature...
    good luck and have fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast