New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    we just bought a strada pick up, its our first time to own a diesel car particularly mitsubishi. para sa mga strada owners at may knowledge bout this truck, pano po ba dapat i maintain ang engine nito? to perform best and relatively good highway speed.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by silverend View Post
    we just bought a strada pick up, its our first time to own a diesel car particularly mitsubishi. para sa mga strada owners at may knowledge bout this truck, pano po ba dapat i maintain ang engine nito? to perform best and relatively good highway speed.

Just do the maintenance religiously. change oil and oil filter every 3,000 km. use regular oil no need for fully synthetic. But if you have the budget I change my oil and oil filter every 1,500km. And every 10,000km change the fuel filter. Believe me the diesel available in our country is very dirty. Its cheaper to change the fuel filter rather than having a calibration because of dirty injectors. change the air filter every 5,000km even if the manufacturer recomends replace at 20,000km try to look at your filter its so dirty. Also you can use replacement oil filter (vic), air filter and fuel filter. No need to use the original since you will be regularly changing it. And the last suggestion just go to gas stations that you trust your going to have a big headache if contaminated fuel ( diesel mixed with water) gets into your injectors.

Maximum speed that I was able to drive it is at 160kph. But since I did a few modification changed the front bumper into an arb, tires into mud terrain, and added a camper shell. The added weight and more drag made my strada top up at 140kph.

to the mods palipat po sa diesel forum

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The full 4d56 maintenance schedule is in the Tech Specs forum. Try this link: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31294

However, some Mitsubishi owner's manuals do not contain this schedule (I don't know why they left it out). So I scanned it from the Hyundai Starex manual (which uses the same engine).

Congrats!

P.S. you can also find the 4d56 engine full service manual (the one used by the casa), in our tech specs forum. It's in .pdf format. Just download it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

best performance for strada(03)