New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    now i hate this thing! last weekend i drove to I-5 north going to san francisco with a friend and i tried to used this function wala kasi auto cruise yung car ko dyan sa pinas then i set it up to 80MPH, wow it feels good relax ang feet, no to much cars in the highway, and feeling ko passenger lang ako... then suddenly nagising ako nag 360 turn na yung car sa highway... NAIDLIP ako! cguro while natutulog ako nakabig ko sa right then nag break or nanaginip ako one of the scene sa movie na matrix..... thank GOD! nothing happen sa amin and sa company car.

anyone using this function? is this available in manual transmission?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Auto cruise = cruise control? Basic cruise control lang kasi gamit ko, kapag prumeno ka ala na. Bihira ko gamitin kasi nga nakakaantok, at ala namang kalsada na maluwag dito pwera nalang kung long drive. Mabuti walang nangyari sa inyo. Ingat sa susunod.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    2 of our cars are eqquiped with cruise control just liek swims strokes system yun isa depress lang ng konte sa preno nagrereset na. convinient sha actually kase i live sa tagaytay paakyat ok lang kase mejo maluwag naman ang daan from dasma cavite paakyat. the other system is more of like a speed limiter. you set it at a certain speed but you still have to put your foot on the gas pedal. but when you reach the set speed limit no matter how much more you press on the gas hindi na sha bibilis.

drayver buti d kayo bumaliktad, good thing yall are still ok. sarap kase magdrive jan e noh? hehehe dami karsada. anlalaki pa..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drayver View Post
    now i hate this thing! last weekend i drove to I-5 north going to san francisco with a friend and i tried to used this function wala kasi auto cruise yung car ko dyan sa pinas then i set it up to 80MPH, wow it feels good relax ang feet, no to much cars in the highway, and feeling ko passenger lang ako... then suddenly nagising ako nag 360 turn na yung car sa highway... NAIDLIP ako! cguro while natutulog ako nakabig ko sa right then nag break or nanaginip ako one of the scene sa movie na matrix..... thank GOD! nothing happen sa amin and sa company car.

wow bro. buti walang nangyari sa inyo.

meron ding cruise control ang manual transmission.

masarap mag drive sa I-5 diba? diresto ang kalsada. ok gamitin ang cruise control lalo na sa mga long drives. may advantage din pag ginagamit mo sa short distance driving kagaya ng trip mo sa bahay to mall, etc. nakakatipid ng gas (assuming na walang masyadong traffic).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ayos sana gamitin sa long drive kaso di pwede sa drayver na antukin.

yeah buti nga walang masamang nangyari kasi dame possibility na pwedeng mangyari kungdi nag 360 turn, kung sa right kumabig yun medyo sa malalim ako pupulutin pag left naman with that speed agad ako makakatawid sa opposite highway na sure na meron madadamay at buti nalang walang concrete barrier ang highway. kaya mula ngayon papakabait na ako:littleangel:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drayver View Post

It's more in pacing yourself rather than feeling like a passenger. How often do you stop and rest? That interval is different for most people. My uncle has to stop and rest every 2 hours. Me, every 8 hours which is near the time to refuel anyway. But when I was younger, I can drive up to 19 hours straight, stopping only for gas and food.

If you start yawning then it's time to find a rest area/gas station and take a break. You can try caffeine pills. But, that may upset your stomach later. Playing some heavy metal/rock or goa trance will also keep you awake. That's why my music tastes include a heavy dose of those two genres. I spent a good part of my life driving long distances.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    But when I was younger, I can drive up to 19 hours straight, stopping only for gas and food.
    naka-diaper ka din ba? j/k

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Yep I use Cruise Control pag walang masyadong traffic, I just use my thumb to accelerate/decelerate, at sarap ng feeling na I control the speed just by using my right thumb and yes it'll disengage kahit slight tap lang sa brake so I'll just press "resume" para balik sa set speed ko, usually 75MPH sa I-15.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    naka-diaper ka din ba? j/k
    I should've added I also eat and use the restroom while getting gas.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If it's not your car or you're not yet used to it, try not to get too relaxed. That's my first principle when driving an unfamiliar car.

The cruise control is very useful on straight highways but can be used on long bending curves too provided alalay ka lang. Just make sure to keep watch of the time, your situational awareness, and your stress level. If you're too exhausted to drive, and you know it's a long one, pahinga ka na muna before you even set off. That cruise control button is just a temptation to doze off if you're not up to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Auto Cruise