New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Just found this out recently the multiple vehicle accident at NLEX cause by heavy rains, personally saw the Innova at Car Dealer service area, total wreak, but the airbag didn't deploy, the guys at the dealer also said so. And in the news the day it happen, the the Everest airbag also didn't deploy, complained the fatalities husband. Hope gov't do more to champion consumers rights against defective and lemon cars.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Everest was hit from the rear. The airbags will not inflate in such instances. The occupants were also not wearing their seatbelts (I guess that would be their fault). Airbags are also known as SRS. The first S being SUPPLEMENTAL meaning they are not the primary restraints system. The seatbelt is still the primary restraint system of any vehicle.

Airbags will not always inflate. That is a given. As for the Innova, I'm not sure but I think the frame rails did not take the brunt of the impact. Most of the impact was caught by the fascia, fenders and hood. The airbag sensor will have a hard time deciding whether to deploy or not in that instance since the G-forces will not be as high.

As always, wear your seatbelts. Airbags are only designed to supplement, not replace, safety belts.

(This is essentially a non-issue for me since I avoid acquiring vehicles with airbags)

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    the owners' manual will also state which circumstances will inflate the airbags, and the one that happened to the everest is not one of those.

oh okay, i saw that diagram on the manual of the outlander. i'll try to scan and upload it when i have the time. i dunno about other car manuals though.

so basically, the everest was not a lemon.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, it is not fair to judge a vehicle as a lemon just because the SRS did not deploy. There are too many factors involved including the mechanics and dynamics of the actual crash.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    (This is essentially a non-issue for me since I avoid acquiring vehicles with airbags)
    ako naman i hope there won't come a time where either i or family members would test out the airbag.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've been in a couple of impacts myself, and I've never had airbags deploy on me. There are very specific circumstances wherein airbags will deploy. Getting sandwiched is not one of them. If, and only if, the initial impact is in front, and in excess of a certain speed, then the airbags will deploy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    dpeende nga talga sa pagkakatama ng sasakyan mo if your car is only equipped with the driver side airbag most likely kailnga s aharap ka tamaan at tatamaan rinyung chassis mo for it to deploy de naman to like mga bmw benz with the 10 12 airbags na kahit san ka tmaan dedeploy yung airbag

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    The Everest was hit from the rear. The airbags will not inflate in such instances. The occupants were also not wearing their seatbelts (I guess that would be their fault). Airbags are also known as SRS. The first S being SUPPLEMENTAL meaning they are not the primary restraints system. The seatbelt is still the primary restraint system of any vehicle.

Airbags will not always inflate. That is a given. As for the Innova, I'm not sure but I think the frame rails did not take the brunt of the impact. Most of the impact was caught by the fascia, fenders and hood. The airbag sensor will have a hard time deciding whether to deploy or not in that instance since the G-forces will not be as high.

As always, wear your seatbelts. Airbags are only designed to supplement, not replace, safety belts.

thanks for clarification. lately hindi ako nag-seat belt coz I had the impression na may backup airbag naman hehehe. mali pala

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ouch yan kung ganun. the airbag, if it deploys, will bounce you around like a ball...only, more painful. :D

10. jagxtrm Guest
    saan naman kaya ang sensors ng ibang cars na may airbags sa gilid, like volvo?

kc pag sa driver and/or front passenger lng ang may airbag, cgurado ang sensor nya nasa bandang engine...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Asia built Car Airbag Not Deploying!?!