New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i just wonder kung re-usable ang airbags?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No they're not.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    (This is essentially a non-issue for me since I avoid acquiring vehicles with airbags)
    Bakit naman po?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Because I'd rather have ABS. hahaha.

Seriously, I'm not very particular about it. Even when I drive one equipped with airbags, I just use it as if the bags weren't there. Para walang false sense of security.

On older vehicles naman, the airbags might be unreliable already and I'm not sure if my restorer can handle these systems during disassembly/reassembly of the vehicle.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    here's a wrecked city:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    airbags deployed:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    tama si sir otep. ako i'd rather have abs than airbags. but in my case i have both. pero i still put my money on the abs though.

sir psylocke, kaninong city yan?

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    The Everest was hit from the rear. The airbags will not inflate in such instances. The occupants were also not wearing their seatbelts (I guess that would be their fault). Airbags are also known as SRS. The first S being SUPPLEMENTAL meaning they are not the primary restraints system. The seatbelt is still the primary restraint system of any vehicle.

Airbags will not always inflate. That is a given. As for the Innova, I'm not sure but I think the frame rails did not take the brunt of the impact. Most of the impact was caught by the fascia, fenders and hood. The airbag sensor will have a hard time deciding whether to deploy or not in that instance since the G-forces will not be as high.

As always, wear your seatbelts. Airbags are only designed to supplement, not replace, safety belts.

(This is essentially a non-issue for me since I avoid acquiring vehicles with airbags)
    Most brand new vehicles now come with airbags as standard, even the high-end variants of sub compacts like the 1.5li vtec City and Jazz. Toyota's most affordable, Vios J, even has one. In this day and age, it is simply impossible to buy a car without an airbag installed as standard (an exception: Hyundai Tucson 4x2). Of course, the sub-compacts in the lower-end dont have airbags yet.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano kaya ang feeling ng nasalpok ng airbag? diba around 200kph ang force nito?
    Signature

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Asia built Car Airbag Not Deploying!?!