New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Guys how will i know if may problem na alternator ko, bago kasi battery ko, yung green na motolite, pero minsan pag start ko nalalaglag rpm hangang mamatay engine (off pa aircon nun ha), parang walang power. pero pasumpong sumpong lang yun, minsan ok naman. sana naman di pa kailangan palitan alternator pero if ever magkano kaya magagastos sa alternator replacement? thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I'm not sure kung alternator nga problema in your case. If you have a new battery, the alternator is not forced to deliver high current to charge the battery and therefore the alternator should not load your engine too much to cause a stall. Not unless totally flat yung battery mo, but still I haven't heard of a case that the engine stalled due to high alternator electrical load. I believe the internal IC circuitry of the alternator will react in case of overload. Baka mechanically stucked yung rotor ng alternator. Maraming remanufactured sa Banawe. A good alternator test is to measure the voltage on you battery leads while the engine is running and all lights and electrical loads ON. The voltage should stay at 13 to 15 volts.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung sa alternator or battery mismo ang problema, pati memory ng radio at digital clock mo mawawala.

Baka sa ignition ang problem like sa coil, condenser, distributor etc. Wala akong alam sa gas engines. Sorry. hehehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check mo air filter, nangyari sakin yan. tinanggal ko muna filter then takbo sa gas station para bugahan ng hangin then ok na. buili na lang ako ng bago. HTH

Alternator question