New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    tumataas ba pag sa traffic? sakin laging a quarter of an inch below sa middle line hanggang dun lang.. di kaya nagooverheat ka sir? kung manual naman kasi madaling malaman dahil kahit tama timpla at bitaw mo sa clutch at gas ay manginginig yung makina na parang mamamatay. pero i'm assuming na a/t yung peugot mo.
    stick ang gamit ko bro.ang level naman ng temp gauge nya almost lock sa center ng gauge pag talagang mainit na makina and nastock sa traffic.nagpunta nadin me sa service center normal naman daw yong reading na ganon.kinakabahan lang me baka bigla kasing tumaas pa at overheat aabutin ko.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This can happen on variuos situation and condition.

Basically you got two source of heat going on inside your car (assuming the AC is ON). One is Engine heat (which is cooled down by radiator) and other is the heat generated by your A/C ( which is cooled down by your condenser). Although both have separate cooling fan both radiator and condenser are adjacently mounted together for better heat conduction (or heat transfer). Condenser are ussually designed to have higer heat rejection capacity than whats is just required to lower down car cabin temp ,this is a factor of safety considerd by Mech engineers, but as the car ages on dust and grimes, damage en cooling fins lower its cooling efficiency. In short on a relatively new car, when the aircon is ON, its throwing off heat more than what it is required thus aiding your radiator on cooling your engine temp.

But on older less effecient car as soons as the condenser cooling capacity becomes weaker it tends to add burden to the radiator cooling system. Thats is why on some cars engine temp rises as the AC is turned ON. If this is happening to you car, better bring it to A/C service and have your system checked.

Also as a Tip, When my radiator fan gave up while Im in the middle of a travel. I disengage the compressor (un plug the connector), you'll loss the ac system in the process, but you can get you home or at the nearest repair shop and have it serviced w/o the worry of getting engine over heat. Or at least it will limit the ineterval between stops to coold down your car

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    hindi po dapat nagbabago ang temp reading nyo, that is the purpose of the thermostat to control the engine temp so that it will be constant. it lets coolant into the engine when its hot (depends on the temp specs of your thermostat) and closes when its cold already that way your temp reading is constant.

baka you have a malfunctioning water pump or thermostat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
alin ba ang tama on AC sa temp reading