New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    My aunt from the Philippines asked me advice on which car to buy next and since I'm not from there I thought I'd ask some of you for your input. How much are 7-series going for over there? And what models do you have? Here we only have a 745Li with a v8 and a 750Li with a v12. If you have a 730Li with a straight six, that would be perfect. I told her to buy a 7-series but she said that it might cost around 8m and that is too much for a car. I did the math and a 745Li is around $80k here and that would make it 4.4M pesos. Is it true that it would cost her around 8M to buy there because of taxes? She currently has a 1997 530i that she will be selling, so if anyone is interested you can contact me. ALso are there any other cars you guys would recomend over the 7-series? Maybe a Jaguar or a Volvo.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    4.4M will only barely get u the base 5 series here. a volvo would be a good alternative. S60, S80 or XC90. Audi A6 or A8 is also a good alternative.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I think she's right. The 730Li here is in that price range. I think she would be better off with a Jag XJ or maybe an E class or a new 5 series. Lots of options for that price range.
    I have seen a 745Li and a 760Li roaming here. I think these cost around 10 to 13M
    Last edited by glntVR; June 29th, 2005 at 07:07 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well... you can get any BMW variant in here... even a 760Li (rumoured to be priced at around P12M)! The base model 735Li retails for around P8M.

If she's looking at luxury sedans, she can either for a base model Jaguar XJ6 (which retails around P6M) or the more "practical" Volvo S80 (which sells for around P3.5M).

Though the Chrysler 300C V6 is a very good proposition at around P2.5M.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; June 29th, 2005 at 07:07 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Wow you guys have to pay insane amounts of taxes to get the nice cars over there. The price almost doubled compared to the prices here. I don't think she wants to spend more than 4.5M for a car. She needs a car with good leg room in the back because the always sits in the backseat. That's wierd how people there like to sit in the back while people here argue to sit in the front haha. Thanks for the advice so far and any mroe advice would be really appreciated.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    why not yung bagong series 5 nalang din? i think its very nice...

anyway jaguar for me is better kung prestige and DATING ang habol ng aunt mo, but if she wants safety then go for the less striking design pero siguradong safe naman volvo na.

yeap ang 760Li is around 12M nga daw last time i heard, i thought nga dati 12M is the base price for 7 series parang what? haha. grabe tax dito mrfd3s hehe pero sa mga luxury cars lang naman yan.
    Last edited by pissword; June 29th, 2005 at 08:09 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the tax is about 150% or so hehe, yes it's a lot.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Chrysler 300C... you could always expect something big from the Americans. Although yung windows are slightly high.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Parang hindi bagay na service sa tita niya yung 300C! haha... tapos sabay naka 22" rims pa! haha... mafia aunt! peace... If she wants space siguro Navigator gusto niya? Yun maluwag talaga. Or kung sedan talaga gusto pwede nga yung bagong a6. Ganda. I saw one kanina.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would suggest, if ur aunt wants a bmw, then just buy the x5 3.od, it costs around 4.5m, good leg room space since it's an suv. for other local car prices, check motioncars.com, the car chart section. not all prices are up to date but atleast you'll get an idea of what models n the prices of the cars here in philippines.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
7 series advice