New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    mga mods, i have posted the same thread sa honda forum, just reposting here bec urgent ang tulong niyo. thanks.

I have a 3 yr old 7th gen honda accord, 40t km pa lang mileage. nag lock ung automatic shift the other day, dinala ko sa sa honda alabang, ang sabi ng technician nasira daw computer box ko and needs to be replaced. ang super inis ko ka eexpire lang ng warranty ko! Is there a place where I can bring my accord to get a second opinion? i just have this feeling na niloloko lang ako ng honda alabang e by charging me too much e. thanks for your help.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    bro,magsecond opinion ka.wala namang masama kung ipacheck mo sa iba tutal naman eh expired na warranty mo sa casa.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Damn... that's bad news. While it's extremely rare, it's not impossible for a box to suddenly fail. Try asking at other Honda casas... see if they'll still cover it... but you might not have any luck.

I've heard there are some electricians who can revive a dead Honda box. But that's a risk to take only if it's proven that the box is completely fried.

44k is about right for a brand new box... but you might get lucky and find a secondhand one. All I can say is: hunt.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    search this page for the k-test

although the author says it is for the civic, might work for the accord.

it is method he developed for testing the ECU. have not tried it though but it looks simple and harmless. but you need a manual (to locate the parts mentioned if ur not familiar with it) and a multi tester.

you can browse for the reviews of the method.

this is just an alternative method. maybe you can have you ECU check in some shops who have some spare ECU for your car.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    thanks guys. update ko lang kayo. i pulled it out of honda alabang and transferred it to honda magallanes, only to find out iisa pala mayari. but we know someone from the inside who thinks he can pass the ecu as under warranty. so, we will see.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung merun kang lawyer na friend, try mo iconsult ang opinion niya...there is no reason for that to happen (i think) unless it was a factory defect...usually a defective sensor rather than an ecu problem.

hindi kaya nabasa ang ecu mo?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Guys, I would like to share with you my experience with my shift lock problem. two weeks ago, i brought it to honda alabang to have it checked nga, they said ecu ang problem. so i pulled it out to look for a second opinion. i took it to honda magallanes, (iisa pala mayari) and naturally bec my history alabang is showing in their computer, they have to diagnose the same thing.. replace ecu. my pagka kuripot got the better of me so i decided to have a third opinion. i took it to honda manila (otis). the service advisor was very accomodating and efficient, his name is ramon severo. he took in my car and told me he suspects a switch behind the brake that may cause my shift to lock, he will diagnose and inform me asap. I didnt have to call him, he promptly called me to relay his findings, after two days of diagnosis, ecu din daw. so sabi ko palitan na lang. But he still insisted otherwise (intuition siguro nila) so he said checkin niya uli. true enough.. ung switch na sinasabi niya ang culprit, its not broken, just twisted, so he aligned it and voila, ok na lahat. I really thank him for not taking his job for granted. some technicians will just probably say, "ecu yan, palit na", but this guy really took the time to get a second pass, even if he didnt have to. KUDOS to Ramon Severo talaga, Honda Otis should be proud to have a guy like him around.

total bill for ecu if i listened to honda alabang/magallanes.. P44,000, total amount paid by me P1,200 for labor.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    like i said...it (the ecu) is not that easy to break...unless pinasok ng tubig or nasurge ng current...most of the time it is the sensors that can cause problem that the ecu mis-interpret.

good thing for you.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ramon Severo?

When we still have the CRV naasikaso nya ko once for the 10Tkm check up. Ok nga iyan mabait. yan yung payat d ba?
    Nicknamed MON i believe

I also have bad experience with Ayala owned Casas. Hanggang ngayon lokohan pa din PAla yang mga iyan

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    tama ka sir maxbuwaya, si mhon nga yun. mabilis at maasikaso magtrabaho diba? sa susunod kahit malayo sa amin ang otis doon na rin ako magpa service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
3 yr old computer box needs replacement??!