New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    eto naman...hope you guys can help me with this...nagpapatanong lang kapatid ko since she's also car shopping... she's choosing between the following cars and would like to know which one would be the best buy...budget is from 850,000

Ford lynx Ghia w/m roof
    Honda Civic - leather/mouquette 1.6 VTi-S A/T
    Mitsubishi Lancer - MX or GLX (what's the difference?)
    Toyota Altis - 1.8 G or 1.8 E (what's the difference?)

hope you could help! hehehe...

how much do you think i can sell my old car? its a mitsubishi lancer MX 2000, i got it for 885,000

thanks again! looking forward to your posts! God bless!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by kpdlr
    hello everyone! thank you for all the replies to my post! i was only able to read all of it now....i have finally decided that its the ford escape that i want! my boyfriend took it for a test drive and fell in love with it (yes...miss kpdlr po ako, hindi po sir! heehee...) so we finally decided to go with that... mag-iipon pa kami para makabili ng aso... hehe... thanks for the help! i was about to buy the rav4 til you guys told me that the ride wasn't so good...kaya ford escape we go!!!
    oic... MISS ka pala... hehe...

it's good that you've decided on the Escape! yes, the Rav4 can be a bit harsh and noisy due to the numerous potholes and uneven pavement that we have here.

btw, make sure that you are getting the new one (with the 2.3L engine).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for your sister's dilemma, post it at the car buzz forum...pero my quick reply would be a mazda 3

congrats on your future Ford Escape

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto naman...hope you guys can help me with this...nagpapatanong lang kapatid ko since she's also car shopping... she's choosing between the following cars and would like to know which one would be the best buy...budget is from 850,000

Ford lynx Ghia w/m roof

how much do you think i can sell my old car? its a mitsubishi lancer MX 2000, i got it for 885,000

dieselclub mods... kindly split the topic...

i'd go with the: Ford Lynx Ghia. here's the list price of the various variatns of the Ghia:

P 667,000 MT, base model
    P 705,000 MT, MR, leather
    P 732,000 AT, base model
    P 765,000 AT, MR, leather

you can save as much as 218K. you can also opt for the Lynx RS with a 2.0L engine. it is listed for P795,000.

all other cars that you listed pales in comparison to the Lynx when it comes to being the best bang for the buck.

the Honda Civic VTI-S A/T is also a good choice too. though rumor has it that a newer model is just around the corner.

for the Mitsu Lancer, here's spec sheet per variant:

MX: cvt, airbag, abs, ebd, backup sensor, leather seats, foglamp, sideskirt, etc
    GLS: cvt, airbag
    GLX: none

though i'd really wouldn't consider this. looks too weird.

for the Toyota Altis, only the 1.8E would fit in your budget. the 1.8G has some additional goodies, namely: optitron gauges, rear sunshade, 8-way electronically adjustable driver's seat, scuff plates.

but if you want something really new and different... then there's the Mazda3. the Mazda3 V is priced at around P780K.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004

Ford lynx Ghia w/m roof

for your sister, it really depends on 1. budget 2.taste 3.long-term ownership

ako medyo bias ako. honda. high resale value kahit luma na, or toyota.

check the latest price in the market. it depends also on your mileage e. the higher the mileage the lower the value of the car. also, kung stock pa sya, expect higher resale value than those 'tuned' car.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hello again! eto na naman hingi ulit ako ng tulong sa inyo! first let me thank all the people who helped with my SUV dilemma! thanks!
    we're also about to buy a new car, and are currently choosing between the following vehicles..

1.) Mitsubishi Lancer MX

2.) Toyota Altis - 1.8 G or 1.8 E (ano difference?)

3.) Honda Civic - VTi-S

4.) Ford Lynx Ghia

what would be the wise buy? we're more particular with the interior and safety of the vehicles, and siyempre sa ride...

also how much can i sell my old car? its a 2000 MX...

thanks again! hope to hear from you guys soon!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    hello again! eto na naman hingi ulit ako ng tulong sa inyo! first let me thank all the people who helped with my SUV dilemma! thanks!
    we're also about to buy a new car, and are currently choosing between the following vehicles..

1.) Mitsubishi Lancer MX

2.) Toyota Altis - 1.8 G or 1.8 E (ano difference?)

3.) Honda Civic - VTi-S

4.) Ford Lynx Ghia

what would be the wise buy? we're more particular with the interior and safety of the vehicles, and siyempre sa ride...

also how much can i sell my old car? its a 2000 MX...

thanks again! hope to hear from you guys soon!
    ok. first, let me correct something. altis 1.6 e po not 1.8, of course ang difference nila ng 1.8 is the engine displacement, and think of the 1.6 e as a lower notch variant compared to altis 1.8

if you want a wise buy, i'll get the honda vti-s, better yet 2.0 variant. my second vote is the lancer mx, though quite underpowered compared to the other 3. then toyota, lastly ghia. actually i can't spell any difference since they all fall in the same category. hint: get the most powerful engine and safety features that would fit your budget.

thanks

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    2004 model ay may altis 1.8G at 1.8E..... at tinanggal na yung 1.6G .......meron pa ring 1.6E na nilabas ang toyota.

Toss ako sa 1.8G at vti-s.......... ayaw ko ng Lancer, medyo tagilid ang reputation ng MMC.... Killer car daw yan sabi ng ka-office mate kong hapon dito sa company!

hehehe.peace!
    Last edited by O!lman; September 16th, 2004 at 01:59 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hey there! sorry! i just looked at the website and copied what it said there, nakalagay kasi may 1.8 ang corolla altis, it says 1.8 G and 1.8 E..that's why i wanted to know the difference

http://www.toyota.com.ph/model/corol...fications.html

automatic nga pala ang gusto namin...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    sorry...just had to ask..what do you mean by "killer car"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2004 Compact Sedan Comparo [Merged]