New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Are there added benefits to the vehicle if we always do a fulltank? Of course we should always prevent our fuel to go on the zero level since it is bad for the engine. But when it comes to just filling up, should we always or as much as possible go fulltank or just halftank?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if I may add... is there any benefits in carrying 70 liters of gasoline around the city?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    For me, halftank most of the time, especially here in Metro Manila....

Seldom do I go fulltank, unless I am trying to measure my fuel rate consumption or I am going to travel long distance to the province.....

3101:transform:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i always go full tank. i really don't like the hassle of stopping at any gas station to fill-up.

and besides, i go on a weekly fuel budget.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i always go for full tank for some reasons.

- i usually travel out of metro, running at aroung 100-150 kms a day
    - fuel prices are unpredictable. we didn't know when it will go up.
    - it's a hassle if you stop at gas stations often coz it will increase expenses (usually ended up with a grande frapuccino)
    - our office didn't like so many receipts for reimbursements

kung dito dito lang ako ikot-ikot sa area ko, tama na ang 100-200pesos worth of diesel (*33.2/L=3.xx - 6.xx L of diesel...good enough for me.)

kung ikot around the metro(manila, QC, makati, taguig, val, etc..), 1/2 tank or 500 pesos(16.xx L) pwede na...

kung provincial byahe-->para lesser stops sa stations and money out--> i gas here as much as possible full(40-50L ang sagad) or just 1,000 pesos of fuel (*33.2=30.xxL of diesel it will last me up to 300kms (example:qc-cabanatuan-palayan city-cabanatuan-qc lang ang tatakbuhin ko, may reserve pang matitira...pag may side trip, dadgdag nalang..)

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Usually full tank.

May Fleetcard kasi ako sa Shell, and everytime I gas up, matagal ang verification and pag-print ng receipt. Hassle masyado, kasi I gas up 3-4 times a month. Eh pag half-tank lang ako, then 6-8 times pa akong maha-hassle.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ok lang kahit 1/2, as long as daily drive yung diesel mo. mas malaki kase chance na magkaroon ng moisture yung diesel eh.

pag gas, ok lang den.

mas maganda ang mileage mo without the added weight. recommended nga ren ang 1/2 tank pag long drive. mid point saka ka lang ulet magpa-gas.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Whatever you can afford, me personally full tank each time just to save me from going back to the gas station more often.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    In the US, I always put in a full tank. With a 500 mile range and a 21 gallon (80L) tank, I can go for two weeks without refueling. By that time the prices have changed

Here in Manila I put in half tank often. Enough to get by on heavy traffic.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
1/2 tank or full tank