New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by odie vti View Post
    Maganda lang sa Foton versus other brands is the dealer network and support. I think they have 22 or 23 dealers all over the country (showroom and service center) so kahit masiraan ka kung saan mang lugar at least may casa na mapupuntahan. Yung Joylong ata sa quezon ave lang so paano na kapag malayo pinuntahan mo at masiraan ka ng major part?

Parts availability and service (like Foton may mga lifter at service bay talaga) are important things to consider.

Eto review ko on some dealers based on experience:

Foton Balintawak -- ok to buy parts from kasi main dealer ito pero hirap magpaservice dito sobra dami nilang clients on a daily basis.

Foton Cavite (GMA) -- bagong lipat pa lang sila sa new location pero malaki service bay saka konti pa lang clients nila kaya mabilis magpaservice dito. Very friendly and accomodating parts and service advisors. Some parts are cheaper here than in Balintawak so its best to inquire around muna.

Foton San Pablo -- also very friendly and accomodating staff pero medyo marami rin clients since halos lahat ng southern luzon buyers nila dito nagpapaservice.
    Sir odie vti,
    if i may asked, bakit mas cheaper ang parts sa cavite compared to balintawak. diba iisang network or supplier lang ang kinukuhaan nila?
    Thank you sir!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    ang tanong eh meron bang parts ang foton sa banawe?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    It seems that some of the Foton vehicles are designed more for load than speed this is our experience with our FOTON Trucks Tornado 2 and 2.5 series coming previously from a fleet of Isuzu ELF trucks. What I have noticed though is that the vehicle is great for hauling. With a Cummins engine on the Traveller I'd say they gave more emphasis on the ability to handle passenger load. I feel their transmissions are somewhat low speed compared to their contemporaries but no doubt on the "pull" department.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    TransVan ang name short wheel based version nito

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by willyfernando View Post
    It seems that some of the Foton vehicles are designed more for load than speed this is our experience with our FOTON Trucks Tornado 2 and 2.5 series coming previously from a fleet of Isuzu ELF trucks. What I have noticed though is that the vehicle is great for hauling. With a Cummins engine on the Traveller I'd say they gave more emphasis on the ability to handle passenger load. I feel their transmissions are somewhat low speed compared to their contemporaries but no doubt on the "pull" department.
    Kamusta ang Reliability ng foton tornado? Kasing tibay ba ng canter o elf? Totoo ba na same parts ang foton tornado at isuzu elf?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Any negative issues from any Traveller users? Really interested here. Saw one up close at Munoz. All I see are the positive sides. Very nice van indeed.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Just want to share this . .
    foton-traveller-pbucket.jpg

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    img_3578.jpgi have a view traveller last dec 23 2014. And tell you my friend I was one of those customer who made a research a lot before buying a product. I am an engineer onboard norweigian ship for 11 years before becoming a pastor, so this will give you an idea that i know what i am talking and what i am talking is backed up with my integrity as 16 years district executive of the assemblies of God. I bought the traveller because of the extensive reviews i get from previous owners (not dealers) who actually tested it in their daily rigors of transport. Their reviews seems to consistently speak well of view traveller that it get my attention considering I preferred an american brand(FORD) over japanese and korean. My studies look very promising from the engineering side and the financial aspect of saving a large sum as well.
    Here are some of the facts that I need to know from a car maker before deciding to acquire one---- tech specs/make of engine-fuel system-turbo charger - transmission- suspension- tested fuel to distance ratio- electrical systems- chassis, transfer box etc. so far my research has surprised me a lot! This car main components came from very refutable companies of the world! The last thing I know is the brand supplier for the transmission is GETRAG- a german company that also supply to Ferrari! No wonder that for two years view traveller won the awards from CAGI defeating japanese(Super Grandia) and korean brands(Grand Starex) in the same category. I could hardly believe at first the fuel to distance ratio until I have it tested for more than a week now. With its size and build , this is more economical than my ford 2011 Everest! Sure enough this can easily get 13-18km liter! What about power? Cruising to inclined mountains in northern Iloilo is no problem at all carrying 15 people with all our belongings. I am well satisfied of FOTON view traveller, a good choice if you are a well-informed and budget conscious buyer....

After Sales: I have attended the FOTON show last october in Manila. I have a good dealer that always connect with me with many of my concerns,they delivered the unit in Bacolod and have it roro to Iloilo---- FOTON Zamboanga under Minette Chua. I saved a lot from this dealer.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    how much ang foton view?
    ok kaya yan ipang uv express?
    ilang max. tao pwede isakay?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Rides nicely. The 2.8 and the MT are great, as they're shared with the Thunder. The interior is worlds better than the older View.

Not a bad van. Price is nice, too.
    parang mas malaki sya kaysa grandia.... are these units reliable?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast