New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    I'm also interested with view traveler kaya nag tanung tanung ako sa mga mirun na. dalawang owner natunong ko. yung una tinanung ko kung wala ba syang naging problima sa unit nya at ito sagut nya actually nagkaproblima
    3 week palang sakin nabasag agad ang axle lock. almost 2 month bago nila naayus. kaya sayang yung 2 month ko kasi nakatingga lang yung unit ko sa casa.
    pangalawang owner natinanung ko. sabi nya 1 year nadaw sa kanya yung unit nya ok naman daw dipindi lang daw yang sa driver . pero pina assume na nya yung view traveler nya kac kukuha daw xa montero

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm also interested with view traveler kaya nag tanung tanung ako sa mga mirun na. dalawang owner natunong ko. yung una tinanung ko kung wala ba syang naging problima sa unit nya at ito sagut nya actually nagkaproblima
    3 week palang sakin nabasag agad ang axle lock. almost 2 month bago nila naayus. kaya sayang yung 2 month ko kasi nakatingga lang yung unit ko sa casa.
    pangalawang owner natinanung ko. sabi nya 1 year nadaw sa kanya yung unit nya ok naman daw dipindi lang daw yang sa driver . pero pina assume na nya yung view traveler nya kac kukuha daw xa montero

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    No new reviews yet? Updated insights from the oldest Traveller user would be very helpful.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    My father just bought a unit from Foton Balintawak. It's a silver Foton Traveler with a 16 seat configuration. One thing I noticed with Foton is that accessories are relatively scarce but you can try fitting one from a Hiace Grandia. For example, the window visors fit but not perfectly. It seems that Foton has made slight changes to the front doors.

Ride and comfort wise, I can say it's average. I haven't really driven a Grandia for too long but I've riden with it countless times. Compared to the Traveller, the Grandia felt significantly nimbler due to its shorter wheelbase, but surprisingly, the Toyota is also more stable on uneven surfaces at high speeds. The seats are also a personal taste, the Foton felt is has thinner paddings than the Grandia but it makes up for the headroom where you can actually stand inside. The Foton's A/C is also a good kit, it blows cold air throughout the cabin very well. Another thing, almost all of the Traveller's seats are reclinable except for the middle seat on the 2nd row and the last row.

Performance wise, the Grandia felt more quicker off the line. The Foton's 1st and 2nd gear are designed for towing its size but when you get to 3rd gear, its gets ready for cruising speeds. Turbo kicks in at around 1,800 rpm and goes toward 3,000 rpm. In mind with eco driving, the Foton at 80 kph shows 2,000 rpm while 100 kph reads at 2,500 rpm. Mind you, our unit is still at around 2,000 kms and we're getting 7-8 km/l after a land trip from Manila to Bukidnon (a total of around 1,400 km including side trips). The Cummins engine is somewhat noisy for my liking but I think that's pretty much speaks for its agricultural and workhorse roots. I just pray this engine would last for around 300,000 kilometers with no drama.

Things to watch out for when you buy: Check for squeaking seats, uneven gaps on the dashboard, relay gives out a clicking sound every time you horn or press the power windows.

Things that are broken but now fixed so far...
    1) The jack broke after using it the first time
    2) 12V socket not working; blown fuse

We've owned the van for a month now. We will keep you guys updated.
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Wow that is quite an impressing and detailed review drey. Thank you for that.
    However I hope it's ok if you can answer some questions below so we can have a better judgement before our purchase.

- Age of unit?
    - Mileage?
    - Engine consistency of performance, power during full load?
    - What was its fuel consumption both on city and out of town trips?
    - How's the riding comfort?
    - How's the driving comfort?
    - How's the engine noise when you are inside during motion?
    - How are the electronic components, Lights, wiring and switches?
    - Any problems with the alternator yet?
    - How's the aircon performing til now?
    - Do you have problems with the underchassis now?
    - Any problems with breaks and suspension?
    - How's the engine temperature during extreme conditions?
    - Availability of parts? Where can I buy one?

Congrats on your unit and more power to you.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Im selling my 3 months old white foton view traveller less than 5k mileage casa maintained, with 3 jump seats, seat cover, rust proof undercoating. Too big in the garage, will buy an SUV instead. 3 years to pay, 3 months paid * Php 38,900 per month, assume balance.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ^ wow, 1.4M for a China van

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post

Yep. Far cheaper than the recently released "Overpriced" (2.4 million) and "underpowered" Toyota Grandia LXV.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post

Yep. Far cheaper than the recently released "Overpriced" (2.4 million) and "underpowered" Toyota Grandia LXV.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Good review thank you guys,, keep us more update i prepare this model since its tall wide and tough looking van. Just like what other said,, i hope this engine will last 300, 000 km. I believe if this will be use for family trip only this will last for the next 10 years. The average family van usage is about 12,000 to 15,000 per year. For business purposes and heavy use, even my japanese nissan urvan 2007 (local) encountered major engine problem and i decide to replace the engine instead of fixing it. Keep us update guys.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I am booked this year end twice at Ilocos and four times at Sagada. I'm sure I'll see a lot of Travellers by then. Will try to interview the drivers if given chance.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast