New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    No offense pero a friend told me na out of 900 units na dinala dito sa atin sa Pinas eh 80 lang ang pumasa sa quality control. Yung iba eh hindi daw sakto ang mga headlights, yung mga pintuan hindi rin daw sakto, mga minor lang.
    I put my trust in Ford in using a good engine (Duratec), the car's structural frame and functional performance such as suspension and brakes.

To be able to offer it at a more competitive price, the "cosmetic" parts have been skimped. Like the door sidings I mentioned.

I forgot to mention in my observation that there is no Temperature Gauge. Just a warning indicator light.

It kinda escapes my sensibility the logic that justifies removing such a critical gauge in monitoring the condition of an engine (it is BTW an internal combustion engine) and in its place have non critical bells and whistles.

I would like to hear your suggestions in any gadget you know of that may be installed non-invasively to be able to see the temperature of the coolant. One can buy the conventional one that you have to drill a hole in the radiator and run a copper tubing to a gauge installed on the dashboard. I would assume this will do a major void of the warranty.

Any ideas or experiences plus prices locally?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    I put my trust in Ford in using a good engine (Duratec), the car's structural frame and functional performance such as suspension and brakes.

To be able to offer it at a more competitive price, the "cosmetic" parts have been skimped. Like the door sidings I mentioned.

I forgot to mention in my observation that there is no Temperature Gauge. Just a warning indicator light.

It kinda escapes my sensibility the logic that justifies removing such a critical gauge in monitoring the condition of an engine (it is BTW an internal combustion engine) and in its place have non critical bells and whistles.

I would like to hear your suggestions in any gadget you know of that may be installed non-invasively to be able to see the temperature of the coolant. One can buy the conventional one that you have to drill a hole in the radiator and run a copper tubing to a gauge installed on the dashboard. I would assume this will do a major void of the warranty.

Any ideas or experiences plus prices locally?
    I think the warranty would not be voided if you let ford install it for you. Di ko akalaing wala siyang temperature gauge.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    In this price range talaga walang tatalo sa handling ng Fiesta except maybe for the Mazda 2. But they share the same platforms, that's why!
    Mazda 2 P725K pinakamura. Tsaka diba owned by Ford din Mazda?

Pagtabihin mo man. Sino mas gwaping? Fiesta syemps! Bakla nga lang pangalan

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I think the warranty would not be voided if you let ford install it for you. Di ko akalaing wala siyang temperature gauge.
    A duplicate key cost P7,000.00. I doubt an external gauge not designed for the unit would be available. And if ever, sigurado lang tumatagingting sa mahal

Yes ako rin di ko akalain. These should be standard gauges and we tend to just assume na meron. Kahit sakay ka ng Sarao jeepney sa Morayta, meron sila temp gauge.

It was not a deal breaker anyway. Things have become so much "fly by wire" nowadays that we don't even notice that our very lives are in the hands of technology.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hindi ba one of the close competitor is the 588k New Hyundai Accent? :D

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    Baka P688K ? Paki post yung source ng price.

1. Hindi kasing gwapo ng Fiesta
    2. Palpak customer relations ng Hyundai Pampanga
    Wala pa nga benta, pangit na treatment nila sa customers. Pano pa pag nakabayad ka na?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Sayang we were not able to test drive any Hyundai cars. But cars are not the only factor. After buying, kelangan din aftermarket support.

I hope to keep you updated, specially mga kabaro kong Fiesta prisoners how things unfold through the 5 year amortization and PMS. I understand 5 years is a car's "prime"

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Most new subcompacts (B-segment cars) use temperature warning lights instead.

I think the first thing that should be checked is if Ford will install items that are not part of their "Genuine accessories".

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post

Its obvious you have not driven a Toyota Vios/Yaris, Honda City/Jazz (the new ones) and a Mazda 2 cause all of those cars have no temp. gauges either...

You can try to activate the "SECRET MENU"/ I tried it myself and it can sense coolant temperature...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDnHL47kXg4"]YouTube - Ford fiesta mk7 **Secret menu**[/ame]

If you want a dashboard solution, try SCAN GAUGE. Medyo mahal nga lang...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    If you are talking about the new Accent the P588K version is simply a taxi car. It's so bare bones...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Things to check before accepting your new Ford Fiesta