New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi friends!

Allow me to share the steps we took in receiving our Ford Fiesta with my own personal notes and opinions. Being opinions as they are, you might or might not agree with them. That is what a forum is all about. The Forum in Rome was a place for debate.

Things to check before accepting your new Ford Fiesta: We got ours from Ford Pampanga
    - Before starting engine - Oil / brake fluid / window washer fluid / coolant levels
    - Complete set of keys - only two, one with remote unlock the other just a key with the engine immobilizer chip - to get a duplicate key aroung 7K daw gastos
    - Spare tire condition / jack / wrench / fuel nozzle (pinaka imbudo pag naubusan ka ng fuel away from gas station) walang kasamang EWD
    - 4 tires - Tire wear/caps/scratches on rims - rims are painted silver so i cannot tell kung aluminum ba sila. looks fine to me
    - Search for scratch marks on the car
    – tint properly done - I saw minor defects, very minor like small bubbles which I expect to go away and hindi masyado sagad ang putol sa likod. Not visible from the outside so OK naman.
    - All four doors opening & closing fine - we later noticed both left doors were not closing smoothly when we got home. My wife brought it back today and we agreed with the dealer just to gather all the problems and have them all done in our first 1,000KM checkup. My impression with the inside door panels is they are cheap looking. Walang fabric sa rear doors. Sa front, only a small portion. same with the dash material. parang the kind of plastic used in plastic toys from china. I like the dash on my 2002 Honda City better. Kahit pretending to be leather, mas organic ang texture.
    - Rear door opening & closing fine, test your remote lock for unlocking trunk only. the doors should stay locked.
    - Front bonnet opening & closing fine
    - Sit in driver seat. Are there three pedals? ;-) try them if they feel OK
    - Condition and adustability of rear view / side mirrors - I noticed today medyo magaspang ang gilid ng rear view mirror. sign of poor workmanship and quality control. I liked the electrically controlled side mirrors. Medyo ilang pa ko sa side mirrors dahil meron silang part na "fish eye" effect to increase the field of view.
    - Head light working dim/bright - indicator in the instrumental panel - wala pala sa gilid ng manibela ang on/park/headlight. nasa dash. yung switching between hi/lo beam lang nasa manibela.
    - Left indicator/Right indicator - respective indicator in the instrumental panel, try mo rin hazard, they use a different circuitry.
    - dome light - off/door controlled/always on
    - break light 3 pcs including light at the top of rear windshield
    - Park light - front & back
    - Rear fog light - a pc only, red , on the left side.
    - Reverse light - a pc only, clear , on the right side. Umiwas ka ng konti baka maatrasan ka sa sobrang busisi mo
    - Audio system works fine with CD , Radio and AUX. Check both speakers. Wala sya rear speakers. wala sya USB input. bring an mp3 player na may connector with stereo mini jacks on both ends. ganun ang nasa tabi ng kambyo for AUX input. I tested mine and it works fine. My impression of the audio system is very good. Dahil siguro very quiet ang ride nitong Fiesta. Compared to my 2002 Honda City Type Z na may Pioneer Audio.
    - Central Locking - Child Locking - I did not test child locking since hindi importante sa amin.
    - Front seats stretches/moves completely
    – condition of seat covers , baka may nisnis na
    - Rear Seat Folding - You can carry long items kapag folded ang rear back rests dahil butas sya papasok sa trunk. A good feature for me kasi I like bringing things bought from the hardware na medyo mahaba.
    – check free floor mats & free seatcovers - binilin namin sa dealer na wag munang ilagay ang seat cover dahil inspect pa namin. I found the seat covers very cheap looking. We will have new ones done kasi these wont do in an event of liquid spills. Hindi rin sila bagay sa porma ng Fiesta.
    - Front and Rear Seat Belts 5 pcs – must lock at quick tug
    - Car mobile charger works fine - I brought my gadget that plugs into the cigarette lighter to test kung may power dun. I did not test the lighter since I do not smoke.
    - AirCon works fine
    - Water spray on front along with wiping. Try all 3 speeds of wiper ( when you turn off the wiper , irrespective of the wiper's position, it should go all the way down and then stop. If it stops halfway through on the wind-screen , then it needs to be fixed ) - you can adjust the length of interval for intermittent wiping
    - Power Windows. Hindi pa dapat dahil bago pa lang ang tint. I tested it anyway. I do not want to accept a defective major fucntionality.

Now dapat mo sya I test drive

Make sure no radio / songs are playing and the fellow next to you not talking.

- Speedometer works fine
    - Tachometer works fine
    - Oil indicator works fine
    - Check for engine noise levels with windows closed and windows open.
    - How does the steering work - is it smooth. Does it make noise - The steering mechanics may be described as "feather touch". Try to avoid having a hard-on lest you touch the wheel and steer it wayward. However, I found the steering wheel itself again of poor workmanship. You can feel the mold joint at the inner circumference of the wheel. Dapat Ford put more attention to this since this is the most intimate part of the car. It touches your bare skin. Para bang your mouse and keyboard.
    - Hand Break - kung may bangin sa malapit, try mo kung hind ka mahuhulog using hand break

You won't be able to test night driving. Here is my observation kanina, my first time to drive at night. I used the darkest Platinum Magic installed free by the dealer. I recommend it as far as visibility is concerned. Privacy is second to me when it comes to tint.
    Mahina ang headlights nya. Nasanay na ako sa Honda na nilagyan ko ng 90/110 white lamps.
    Fiesta has above average bright instrument panel, dominantly red pa naman. Nasasapawan ng instruments and illumination ng road. I find it tiring to the eyes. It would have been better to have white for everything THEN red for warning indicators. even the odometer is BRIGHT red. Danger! Danger! You have run 91KM! WTF? Maybe a dimmer would have been better spent here instead of the wiper intermittent adjuster

Pagkatapos mo sa test drive, ituloy mo sya sa lifter so you can inspect the underchassis. Sariwa lahat except from some cast iron parts na may kalawang na. acceptable naman. Kung makita mo si Spider Man na nakadikit sa ilalim, give him a sensual kiss

Walang perpekto ika nga. I talked with an acquaintance this afternoon regarding his silver Avanza. P650K daw kuha nya noon compared with our 685K Fiesta. Overall super sulit na ang Fiesta namin. I challenge everyone to test drive and evalaute other brands in the same price range. We test drove Celerio, Honda City and the Fiesta. Fiesta came out the leader. We never got to test the Hyundai I10 because Hyundai Pampanga sucks. We waited for more than an hour despite making an appointment the day before and calling 30 minutes before coming to their showroom. We were treated like patients waiting for a doctor. Honda was late but we were able to test. Suzuki and Ford were very professional. Testing went smoothly.

Finally, when I mention "Fiesta" to most people, a van or a wagon seems to form an image in their innocent minds. Much the same way Ipad was mocked to be a feminine product during its launch.

We might just start a thread "What would you rename your Ford Fiesta?" Non Fiesta owners exempted.
    Last edited by vivafoxpro; December 18th, 2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: forgot tags

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Walang perpekto ika nga. I talked with an acquaintance this afternoon regarding his silver Avanza. P650K daw kuha nya noon compared with our 685K Fiesta. Overall super sulit na ang Fiesta namin. I challenge everyone to test drive and evalaute other brands in the same price range. We test drove Celerio, Honda City and the Fiesta. Fiesta came out the leader. We never got to test the Hyundai I10 because Hyundai Pampanga sucks. We waited for more than an hour despite making an appointment the day before and calling 30 minutes before coming to their showroom. We were treated like patients waiting for a doctor. Honda was late but we were able to test. Suzuki and Ford were very professional. Testing went smoothly.
    In this price range talaga walang tatalo sa handling ng Fiesta except maybe for the Mazda 2. But they share the same platforms, that's why!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    nice post sir.. how about your routine cleaning, or things you check in the morning... "new fiesta user here"

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gatmaitan20 View Post
    nice post sir.. how about your routine cleaning, or things you check in the morning... "new fiesta user here"
    Ako once a month engine oil check, once a week tire pressure check... If I check the engine oil I also check the coolant levels as well, as the brake fluid levels and the washer fluid levels...

As for cleaning, I let our driver do it everyday kasi tinatamad ako. Besides I have to prepare to go to work rather than cleaning cars!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    nice inputs mga sir

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    No offense pero a friend told me na out of 900 units na dinala dito sa atin sa Pinas eh 80 lang ang pumasa sa quality control. Yung iba eh hindi daw sakto ang mga headlights, yung mga pintuan hindi rin daw sakto, mga minor lang.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    No offense pero a friend told me na out of 900 units na dinala dito sa atin sa Pinas eh 80 lang ang pumasa sa quality control. Yung iba eh hindi daw sakto ang mga headlights, yung mga pintuan hindi rin daw sakto, mga minor lang.
    Sir may I ask how/where did your friend got those infos? yung sakin ok naman ang headlights... singkit pero di naman kirat ... yung pinto naman eh sumasara naman... ang reklamo ko lang is yung full tint ko sa front windshield (may maliit na parang gusot) that is the installer's fault pa not really the fiesta itself...

...btw, pwede ko pa kaya mapaayos yun under warranty or something considering "free" lang naman yun?...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GulongGong View Post
    Sir may I ask how/where did your friend got those infos? yung sakin ok naman ang headlights... singkit pero di naman kirat ... yung pinto naman eh sumasara naman... ang reklamo ko lang is yung full tint ko sa front windshield (may maliit na parang gusot) that is the installer's fault pa not really the fiesta itself...

...btw, pwede ko pa kaya mapaayos yun under warranty or something considering "free" lang naman yun?...
    Yes sir, ipaayos niyo yan sa casa kung sila man ang nagkabit. At kurutin niyo na rin sa nipols kasi inabala pa kayo!

Ang sabi lang niya eh nabasa niya lang daw sa isang forum, ayaw naman niyang sabihin kung ano yung site. I tried to google it pero di ko mahanap eh.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Yes sir, ipaayos niyo yan sa casa kung sila man ang nagkabit. At kurutin niyo na rin sa nipols kasi inabala pa kayo!

Ang sabi lang niya eh nabasa niya lang daw sa isang forum, ayaw naman niyang sabihin kung ano yung site. I tried to google it pero di ko mahanap eh.
    i see... pero, sino sir kukurutin ko sa nips? yung nag install ba or yung SA ko? (girl ang SA ko eh )

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GulongGong View Post
    i see... pero, sino sir kukurutin ko sa nips? yung nag install ba or yung SA ko? (girl ang SA ko eh )
    Ayan na nga ba sinasabi ko! Hahaha. Tap na lang sa likod tas sabihin mo ayusin niya na lang. :bwahaha:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Things to check before accepting your new Ford Fiesta