New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Has anyone tried to relocate the spare tire UNDER the vehicle? I plan to install a sound system in my ford escape and the only way i can do it is to remove the spare tire. I have seen a picture of this done in a USA website but i havent known anyone locally who has done it.

Also, whats the smallest rim/tire size i can use to temporarily bring me to a vulcanizing shop in case na flattan ako.

pwede ba ang 175/50/14 ? I need the tire to be as small as possible kasi i need to place it under the car.....

(some say na pwede daw gamitin yung gulong ng pang big bike. They call it DONUT tires. anyone knows where i can get one?)

thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Donut tires..sa US yan ang standard reserve na gamit nila. Dito lang naiba sa Asia..kaya mejo tumaas ung cargo area to accomodate the bigger wheel. Meron naman atang nabibiling wheel carrier para sa ilalim ng escape hanap ka na lang sa net or tanong ka muna sa www.Escape-Central.com marami ng gumawa nyang ganyang set-up. By the way, parehas pala tayo ng balak..problem ko lang pera hehe..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    kiper - tried going to escape-central pero mukang down. anyway pre, where would you suggest i have this done? may magaling ka ba na talyer na kilala? yung polido gumawa? =)

ziebart kaya? or dun sa may globalcity.. .meron kaya sila dun nung sinasabi mong wheel carrier?
    Last edited by joms; July 26th, 2004 at 09:11 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    joms ok..lng yung donut tire na maging reserve tire mu.bsta huwag mu lang patagalin na donut tire ang gamit mu kailn pagna flatan ka pa vulcanize mu na agad ok..b yung ride ng escape my balak kc ako bumili eh..anung dress up pwede gawin sa escape?yung sound db khit d na tangalin yung tire ok lng kc malaki naman ata yung compartment ng escape ah..V6 b yung escape mu?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    another suggestion is buying a run flat tires. Or those used in armored vehicles. What they do is they put an extra layer of something inside the tire like rubber or something. So when the tire losses air the tire is still usable till it can be vulcanized

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    -hmmmm. anong tire yang run flat tire?

- i asked about the donut tires, sabi daw nila nde daw kaya sa SUV. pang kotse lang daw. what do you think?

- another option im thinking is kung kumuha nalang ako ng wheelers card para kung na flat ako sa metro manila they can tow me nalang.
    pag outside metro manila, lalagay ko nalang yung spare sa bubong. Is there a way i can place my tire sa rood ko? may nabibili bang parang roof mount for that?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    joms, daming available na roof carrier... from the generic ones (price starts at less than 10K) to OEM ones (that cost 30K).

hindi pwede sa SUV? e kasing bigat rin naman ng Escape ang mga mid sized (Mazda6) sedans and even sports cars (911 Turbo) that use donut tires!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    mazda - now that is good news! wheres the best place i can go to for me to look for

a) donut tires for my escape
    b) what size of donut tires should i get
    c) wheres a good place to buy a roof rack for me to place my donut tire. May roof rack ba na madaling ikabit at alisin? i plan to bring my donut tires and place them on my roof rack if im going outside metro manila only (thats 1x every 2 months).

most of the time, in case i get a flat in MM, if the vulcanizing shop is near, igagapang ko nalang if im already using the run flat tires OR i would call Wheelers club and have my car towed.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    another suggestion is buyinga portable airpump for the small holes and an instant repair kit, Its in a small spray can container when the tire is flat you can spray in all the chemicals into the tire and this chemicals will create a sealant which can allow you to drive safely for a few more kilometers However the risk is having a tire blow out.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    yeah i actually have the sealant already. im more concerned on having a tire blowout during times when going to baguio or subic. Although that happens rarely (like 1-2x/year) i wouldnt want to bring another else's car just because mine doesnt have a spare tire.....

... i think right now my best bet would be to have a donut tire on a roof rack that can easily be installed/removed. a cheap fabricated rooftop would do as i would rarely use it anyway. question is, who does roofracks like those?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Relocation of Spare Tire : Ford Escape