New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    hey guys i need help... maybe u guys have came across my prob with my Ford focus 2005 1.8 Ghia, heres my problem:

i had my focus for almost 2yrs now... logged 19.5K kms. recently, im having rpm problem during start ups even with warmed up engine. at start up, the engine revs up to 2500 rpm and stay abt 3 secs... then goes down to 1800 and stays up to 1-2 secs. and then idles abt 900 rpm. i think its just a little too high for start ups and a little too long holding at that rpm, my focus vibrates hard when the engine is still cold. 2-3 weeks ago... at start up it only revs up to 1800rpm. idles to 800 rpm. and whats bugging me is, right now when u press the throttle pedal... it revs high but when u stop pressing the pedal it stocks up to that rpm where you let off abt 2-3 secs and then 1800 rpm 2 secs... then goes to idle. is this normal? i thought i need a tune up or PMS but its still there. if you have experienced this problem and cured it pls let me know coz even ford cebu got no clue how to fix this. Thanks alot.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm..... my guesses are

malfunctioning tachometer - needle holding to position for a couple or more seconds after letting go of the accelerator (tama ba)
    throttle cable adjustment - ano ba throttle ng ford? cable? or electronics?
    throttle body cleaning
    ISCV going to the dogs na

hmmm.....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Dirty throttle, likely... sticking open.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    parang ganun na nga sir... stays there for a couple or more seconds after you let go of the accelerator. kung sira ba tachometer kasama ba throttle nyan? kasi kung tachometer lang bakit revving high rin yung engine corresponding to whats indicated in the tachometer.

i didnt see any cable... i thinks its already electronic throttle...(i might be wrong though)

whats ISCV?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ask Ford to clean your throttle body & other sensors if needed.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    thanks guys... ill let them clean the throttle body... tamad lang siguro silang magbukas.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ok...update... they cleaned all the sensors and throttle body... but the high rpm during start up is still there. there's an improvement though....no more holding rpm after lettting go of accelerator and engine running smoother. Ford cebu told me they are calling for back up technicians from the ford company next week for another round of diagnostics. thanks guys.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    it's just the fast idling charasteristic of the car IMO. pls let your ford dealer check the fast idle

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    mga sir... HELP naman... ayaw mag start yung focus namin walang redondo pero may ticking or cliking sound lang ako naririnig...

i already cleaned the battery terminals, ni liha ko na din... ganun pa din ayaw pa din redondo.. pero may lights, horn at gumagana din ang power windows....

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    mga sir... HELP naman... ayaw mag start yung focus namin walang redondo pero may ticking or cliking sound lang ako naririnig...

i already cleaned the battery terminals, ni liha ko na din... ganun pa din ayaw pa din redondo.. pero may lights, horn at gumagana din ang power windows....
    up ko lang po ito....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
ford focus problem...