New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    To: Otomatic: For now I'll keep the unit stock and no conversion as to the clutch system. Who knows, there might be something wrong with the whole tranny set-up. I have just wrote and sent a letter of complain to Ford Davao with e-mail ccs to Ford Makati and Ford Phil. I'm asking extended warranty in consideration of the several complains of the same nature (hard clutch pedal and sticky gearstick) over the two-year life of the unit. If they do not something to rectify the problem, that may be the time I have to think of conversions. For now, I hope they will do something. By the way, can you define clutch-driving or clutch-riding? Been driving for more than 20 years using second-hands and brand-new cars, AUVs' and pick-ups but this is the first time I got to drive a relatively new hard clutching unit (its quite natural for older second-hands). Maybe I'm guilty of clutch driving specially in heavy, stop and go traffic situations (where short bumper to bumper distances can inadvertently lead you to delay the clutch release so you can readjust/upshift/dowshift gears). Just want to know if that could have significantly lead to early repairs on the clutch system of this unit.

To: Afrasay: During one of my visits when I told them about the hard clutching, the technician told me that its normal for Ford Rangers to hesitate gearing because it only has one forward synchronizer and it's found on the second gear only. Is this true? In other brands where there are tranny description, sometime it says fully-synchronize or syncromesh ???. The one from Ford ranger never mentioned about this and so I suppose its different from other brands. Do you think this difference (between a fully-syncronize and this single synchronizer thing) would have made a big difference in the smoothness of gear shifting? Before I bought this unit, I test drove Nissan Frontier and Mitsu Strada 4WDs' and admittedly they had smoother gearshifting and softer clutch. I thought this one from Ford would eventually smoothen after some use. Well, guess I'm wrong.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    redranger::: goodluck! and i hope ford will act fast on your complain.

a clutch driver is a driver who developed a habit of resting his foot on the clutch pedal rather on the floor or on the footrest even in a non heavy traffic situation. this bad driving habit adds burden to the clutch system especially to the release bearing, pressure plate's diaphragm/finger and etc. resulting to premature clutch wear such as hardening of clutch pedal, dragging, worst burnt clutch lining and slipping.

since you mentioned the first time you got your brand new ranger it already had a hard clutch pedal feel, then its the ranger's clutch system design at fault, which will become harder as the unit gets more mileage.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redranger

To: Afrasay: During one of my visits when I told them about the hard clutching, the technician told me that its normal for Ford Rangers to hesitate gearing because it only has one forward synchronizer and it's found on the second gear only. Is this true? In other brands where there are tranny description, sometime it says fully-synchronize or syncromesh ???. The one from Ford ranger never mentioned about this and so I suppose its different from other brands. Do you think this difference (between a fully-syncronize and this single synchronizer thing) would have made a big difference in the smoothness of gear shifting? Before I bought this unit, I test drove Nissan Frontier and Mitsu Strada 4WDs' and admittedly they had smoother gearshifting and softer clutch. I thought this one from Ford would eventually smoothen after some use. Well, guess I'm wrong.
    Graabeee??!! naman yan , eh 1970s pa uso yan fully synchronize / synchromesh technology. Even yun mga Dodge colt / Galant (naku nabuking na naman edad ko... :roll: )synchromesh na. Bakit yun neighbor ko naka B2200 na pickup wala naman problem sa shifting and pedal pressure? :wink:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I drive a B2500 4x4, 99 model I believe tha last year it came out before it was rebadged as the Ranger. Never had any problems with the clutch system, maayos naman ang shifting and odo reading is now 56T kms. Although I dont know if the Rangers clutch system is the same as the B2500.

Paging other Ranger owners:!::!:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

aesthetically challenge pa rin pero hanep sa specs

4x4/trekker
    2.5L Intercooled Turbo Diesel
    4 Cyl. 12 Valve SOHC, Dual Counter-Rotating Balancing Shafts
    117hp
    280 max torque

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    astig nga nung commercial eh...
    ang galing!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lakas ano......... sibak yung 100 hp 2.8 liter ng fuego.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yong hand brake ba nito ay twist and pull pa rin or parang sa kotse?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with wreckless, ang lupit ang ads nung bagong ranger. lalo na nung first time kong mapanood ang ads.

:lol:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002

with apologies to ai.org

twist and shout pa rin

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Old Ford Ranger Owners & Discussions [Merged]