New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    There was a post by our bro Gambino regarding a crack that befell his front windshield.

It is my humble opinion, this a serious matter deserving its own thread.

In review, speculations as to the cause of the incident are:
    1. Mechanical stress on the windshield
    2. Stone or debris collision
    3. Extreme Temperature shock
    4. Poor materials and/or workmanship in Thailand

Exchanges of theories revolved around the cause and the "self cracking windshield" was accepted as a fact. No one contested the truthfulness of Sir Gambino's post nor the accounts in Malaysia.

Consistent with Tsikot's high standard, solutions were bounced around as well as preventive measures.

May I humbly request ourselves to continue this topic in this dedicated thread where it deserves to occupy exclusively?

Last edited by vivafoxpro; May 26th, 2011 at 02:45 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Thank you for your acknowledgment Sir VFP. Hopefully we can shed light to what ever issues there may be regarding the fiesta. I didnt mean to rant but to find out if I had an isolated case.

Let me just paste the reply i had earlier in the other thread:

*Romeo yes, unfortunately.

*balisong i agree. my only concern is that it should be covered by warranty and not applied as an insurance claim. correct me if im wrong but the windshield crack could have been caused by a misalignment upon assembly or an overlooked item which caused a pressure point on the frame or body. and, based on the feedback from others with similar concerns, it should now be tagged as a "product known issue" - therefor should be covered by the warranty. i dont buy the fact that warranties cover only "defects" where as "damaged" should be handled by insurance.

bottom line is, only frustration can describe owning a brand new vehicle which after a few months, things breakdown despite your utmost tlc and caution. nonetheless, i still love and praise the fiesta. on another note, maybe this is the quality for the low price. go figure.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    the claim could be warranty or insurance dependent on the cause. This is a case to case basis. unsless it is stated that
    windshield are not covered by warranty.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Could you post the full circumstances around the cracking here?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    here's the picture of my cracked windshield.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ryel View Post
    here's the picture of my cracked windshield.

Sir wala kaming makitang pic.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I don't see the picture? Pero here let me do it for you...

Last edited by tidus1203; May 26th, 2011 at 08:38 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Could you post the full circumstances around the cracking here?
    discussions started here, niky

http://tsikot.com/forums/ford-cars-t...7/index97.html

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thank you sir tidus for posting the pictures. hehe. di ko pa yata talaga kayang maglagay ng pictures dito sa tsikot. next time, i'll try ulit and good luck for me!!!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ryel View Post
    thank you sir tidus for posting the pictures. hehe. di ko pa yata talaga kayang maglagay ng pictures dito sa tsikot. next time, i'll try ulit and good luck for me!!!
    Mali lang yung format mo kaya di lumabas... You need the DIRECT LINK of the photo, ginawa mo is using the IMG command you put the link of the website not the direct link of the photo itself...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Ford Fiesta Cracked Windshield