New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie Anson Ng View Post
    thanks po....i'll post updates when I get this fixed. Another thing I noticed was that based on the car's internal function, I am only getting 20L/100km. If I compute this to km/L 5 lang kumbaga...is this for real? grabe naman ang baba compared to other subcompacts...reliable ba ang computation niya or would it be better to try using the full tank method?
    the on-board computer's figures may or may not be accurate. there are many factors involved.. in my opinion, these computer figures are designed to teach you to maximize your driving efficiency habits, not to accurately reflect real-life figures..
    but i do know that most cars give pretty bad fuel efficiency figures during the break-in period. i remember my 1997 sentra... 5-6 km/li during the first 1000 km! it took until about 10K, for my figures to improve to 8-10 km/li.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 23rd, 2013 at 03:32 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sagot yan ng insurance. but there is a "participation fee" that you must fork over. see your insurance contract or call them up and ask how much this is.
    from what i see in the picture, the participation fee may be even more expensive than what an independent painter may charge. ask around first.
    the metal does not appear to be exposed, and therefore not in danger of rusting. that means, the painter may be able to get away with his lack of professionalism. what i am saying, is that you may be able to get acceptable results with a not-so-thorough (a.k.a. "cheaper" or un-branded) pintor.
    but kung sakin yan, i'd go to the car accessories store and get a small bottle of silver touch-up paint and do it myself. who knows, after 2 weeks, you won't mind it at all. naka-mura ka pa ng ilang salapi.. but if you still feel it should be fixed later, than you can have the pintor have at it. you just delayed spending your money by a few weeks..
    so hindi na po ba yan kayang irestore sa original na quality niyan? I was hoping that pag pinagawa ko sa labas ng casa kaya parin nila ibalik sa dati, except for the headlamp scratch, of course..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    of course they (casa or independent pintor) can do it so that you will not even know it was ever there (the scratch). but it will cost money.
    many pintors will paint the entire panel or door, just so the paint matches perfectly. para hindi naman mukhang camouflage ang panel.. hence the high cost of re-paint. but if you are willing to gamble on an independent pintor to just do the scratch and its environs, you can save considerable money. but the paint hues may not be a complete match... it's up to you.
    kung mamalasin pa, the panel is a stand-out from the rest of the car, because the hues do not match..
    the headlamp scratch... try jeweler's rouge or colgate white.. (i'm not kidding!).

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    of course they (casa or independent pintor) can do it so that you will not even know it was ever there (the scratch). but it will cost money.
    many pintors will paint the entire panel or door, just so the paint matches perfectly. para hindi naman mukhang camouflage ang panel.. hence the high cost of re-paint. but if you are willing to gamble on an independent pintor to just do the scratch and its environs, you can save considerable money. but the paint hues may not be a complete match... it's up to you.
    kung mamalasin pa, the panel is a stand-out from the rest of the car, because the hues do not match..
    the headlamp scratch... try jeweler's rouge or colgate white.. (i'm not kidding!).
    should I still try my luck with a scratch remover? haha, baka kasi pag natry ko yun and then nagfail mas mahal na yung aabutin para iretouch/repaint. how should the colgate be used? just brush and rinse?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    should I still try my luck with a scratch remover? haha, baka kasi pag natry ko yun and then nagfail mas mahal na yung aabutin para iretouch/repaint. how should the colgate be used? just brush and rinse?
    i do not think using a scratch remover first, will increase your cost of (finally) asking the pintor to go at it.

anuba kayong mga bata kayo!! palibhasa hindi nag-ROTC.. hindi maruning gumamit ng glo.
    lagay ng 0.5 cm long colgate white sa basahan at rub on the scratched part. keep rubbing, with occasional replacement of basahan surface and colgate, until desired results are achieved, or you die of boredom with no visible result at all... i am assuming your headlight is clear plastic, no? 'cause this technique won't work on glass.
    there are commercial scratch removers in the market, but the colgate is just in my bathroom... we use it to freshen up acrylic watch glass surfaces.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 23rd, 2013 at 04:01 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    the on-board computer's figures may or may not be accurate. there are many factors involved.. in my opinion, these computer figures are designed to teach you to maximize your driving efficiency habits, not to accurately reflect real-life figures..
    but i do know that most cars give pretty bad fuel efficiency figures during the break-in period. i remember my 1997 sentra... 5-6 km/li during the first 1000 km! it took until about 10K, for my figures to improve to 8-10 km/li.
    I see, so I'll just have to wait for the first thousand or so kilometers to get good results.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    i do not think using a scratch remover first, will increase your cost of (finally) asking the pintor to go at it.

anuba kayong mga bata kayo!! palibhasa hindi nag-ROTC.. hindi maruning gumamit ng glo.
    lagay ng 0.5 cm long colgate white sa basahan at rub on the scratched part. keep rubbing, with occasional replacement of basahan surface and colgate, until desired results are achieved, or you die of boredom with no visible result at all... i am assuming your headlight is clear plastic, no? 'cause this technique won't work on glass.
    there are commercial scratch removers in the market, but the colgate is just in my bathroom... we use it to freshen up acrylic watch glass surfaces.
    Thanks a lot sir :D I didn't go to ROTC because I still wasn't man enough to handle the pain. Yes, the headlight is made of plastic. I'll see what I can do in the next few days and post the results.

I notice there aren't any other 2013 Fiesta owners here...or maybe wala lang ibang nagpopost. Medyo nakakainis kasi para sakin yung lock system niya dahil hindi pala pwedeng ilock from the inside without using a child safety lock. Other brands have the manual locking system para kahit papano pwedeng buksan yung door handle na di ka malalaglag ng sasakyan (example scenario).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks a lot sir :D I didn't go to ROTC because I still wasn't man enough to handle the pain. .
    hey! 'twas meant to be a joke.. my own sons don't know what metal polish is..
    but they can do anything i ask them to do with their computers..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Ganon rin po ako sir hahaha. baka naman mas bata pa sons nyo so talo pa ako ]

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Ganon rin po ako sir hahaha. baka naman mas bata pa sons nyo so talo pa ako ]
    yup. my sons are students. they walk around with their laptops, the way i walk around with my bifocals..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
new Ford Fiesta owner, some questions