New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We have a 2010 Escape (8 mos old) and up to now hindi pa nawawala ung new car plasticky smell. At first ok sya pero its kinda worrying now kasi baka may diperensya na sya. The scent sticks to your clothes pa. We had it checked sa casa and they thought its the a/c but wala naman nakitang leaks o problema. Ive tried sniffing every part of the dashboard and seats pero I cant figure out where the smell is coming from... Has anyone encountered this? Any remedies?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Baka meron parin plastic cover na hindi natanggal sa interior. Check mo lang kasi isa yun sa cause ng new car smell.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks! Ill check again pero pagkakaalam ko tinanggal na lahat ng plastic covers nun e...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    The scent twigs to your clothes pa. We had it checked sa casa and they considered its the a/c but wala naman nakitang leaks o problema. Ive endeavoured sniffing every part of the dashboard and seats pero I cant number out where the stink is approaching from... Has any individual came across this

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    put some charcoal (uling) inside the car. they will absorb the scent.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    This will be effective:

park the car under the sun, then open all doors (including the hatch). Iwan mo maghapon na ganun sir. The sunlight will cause all the chemical to evaporate so bye bye new car smell. :D Do this for a week.

Just curious, ayaw mo yung new car smell?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aargh View Post
    We have a 2010 Escape (8 mos old) and up to now hindi pa nawawala ung new car plasticky smell. At first ok sya pero its kinda worrying now kasi baka may diperensya na sya. The scent sticks to your clothes pa. We had it checked sa casa and they thought its the a/c but wala naman nakitang leaks o problema. Ive tried sniffing every part of the dashboard and seats pero I cant figure out where the smell is coming from... Has anyone encountered this? Any remedies?
    new car smell (aka plasticizer vapors) are not good ........ the suggestion to use charcoal is a good one....keep it in the cabin (closed windows) regularly.....replace with fresh charcoal as needed...

alternatively, use baking soda. ....punch holes on top of the box and leave inside the car.

nothing beats pure air

(air freshener..... is a myth...... more accurately, they're "odor maskers" )

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by doc eric View Post
    new car smell (aka plasticizer vapors) are not good ........ the suggestion to use charcoal is a good one....keep it in the cabin (closed windows) regularly.....replace with fresh charcoal as needed...

alternatively, use baking soda. ....punch holes on top of the box and leave inside the car.

nothing beats pure air

(air freshener..... is a myth...... more accurately, they're "odor maskers" )
    For me, I never use air freshener even with my 14 year old Mazda car. I use inonizer instead from time to time. I also never drive with my windows open, siguro twice lang nangyari sakin and that was the time nun nasiraan ako ng aircon. And more importantly, I clean it everyday from interior to exterior. Parang nag aalaga ka rin ng isang anak mo...
    And with my fofi, enjoy ko pa rin yong new car odor nya...ang sarap amuyin lalo na pag pasok mo pa lang sa loob... hehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i've been using california scent (newport new car) smell for years now.. ok naman.. every 3 months ako nagpapalit.. then i have 2 charcoal pouch.. still smells brand new kahit mag 4 years na yung oto..

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Ako naman I use scented candle wax na "Hot Apple Pie". Ang bango lagi sa kotse and never fades.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
New car smell that doesnt fade