New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    by the way, if ever nakakuha nako nito ill be keeping it for 2 years tops, medyo sawain kasi ako sa kotse. hindi kasi feasible ang fortuner although its more fuel efficient, the price difference alone is enough to gas up the expedition for the next 2 years, plus enough left over for repairs. Assuming that my average per year is only 5-6000kms

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can retrofit a non-air suspension with steel coil springs (the ones used in base model Expeds in the U.S.) should the air suspension fail.

My dad has an '01 with barely 10k kms on it. Nothing major repaired. Pero nung ginamit namin sa Baguio, parang nanikit yung left rear brake. Uminit and nangamoy. The other three brakes didn't. The problem has not recurred.

Masarap sumakay and masarap din i-drive. The Exped is large pero it has better rear vision than most other SUV's making parking lot maneuvers quite easy. Mas mahirap pa tantsahin yung Vitara/Patrol/Fortuner when backing into a parking space.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    I think 3km/liter ang fuel consumption niya, its ok for me kasi sobrang lapit lang naman ng trips ko and i would be using this as a weekend/out of town vehicle lang
    3 km/li is okay for you? Meron siguro kayong gasoline station. . But taking the FC out of the picture..okay nga ang Expedition. Bang for the buck.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ma pera ka naman pala eh hehhehehe kuain mo na lang white o kaya black best color yan

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check the suspension... i noticed well-used ones get creaky joints. the crash rating also seems to be a bit low given the hulking size of the car. Another thing to look at is the interior trim.

For a family out-of-towner it's really good and the fuel consumption becomes bearable if you drive on the highways with a steady foot. Just look for one that has been maintained well and you should be fine. I'm sure you can find a lot of low mileage ones. My aunt's '98 4x4 already has 115K on the odo and it still runs well and is more reliable then the Suburban.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sir otep,
    I prefer kasi the air suspension on the old model, the 03 model uses coils na and from feedbacks i get mas matagtag than the old one. guess i just have to find a unit with well maintained shocks(which is pretty hard as most units i saw had an indication of busted air suspension) to avoid early emptying of my wallet hehehe. Maybe you can coax your dad into selling his 01 exped

sir Dont,
    I wish i owned a gas station hehehe, the reason why i said that 3km/liter is no big deal is my daily trips like home to office is 1 km away, home to my son's school is approx 2-3kms only. Even if the exped consumes a lot of fuel I think I can still manage to consume 1 full tank in a month, my average yearly mileage is only 6,000kms, and thats with the occasional out of town trips

vinj,
    thanks for the info man, in the process of looking for the exped, i gotta let go of my eve.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Hello!

I've been reading your thread regarding your your plan to buy ford exped did your proj pushed through?

let me know thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
need help on 00-02 ford expedition