New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I had it diagnosed sa casa ang sinabi loose compression. Hindi ako naniwala kaagad so dinala ko sa talyer d2 samin. He said ung isang injector nka open lng kya malakas ang buga ng gas. Pinalitan nmin ung injector pero same problem pa din. I read somewhere na ECU daw ang problem, i just dont know kung ano gagawin sa ECU... Papalitan ba or repair? Or narereset ba ito. Can anyone help me out... Salamat mga bro.

Addtional info:

55T KMS
    Change Cam Pos Sensor 3 months ago.
    I read somewhere na sa ECU daw problem.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    had the same problem with my car (sentra) which is caused by a faulty ECU. it was fixed by replacing the ECU.

umiilaw ba yung check engine light mo? you can try resetting it by removing the negative battery terminal for several minutes. hth.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hindi umiilaw ung check engine. How much kung palitan ung ECU? Hindi ba un na rerepair? Madalas ko kc disconnect ang battery para i reset ung alarm. Mukhang napa sama ata un. Amoy gas ung oil ko dahil dun sa isang injector na hindi na co-close, parang naka bukas na gripo sya.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Bring your car to a repair shop equipped with proper scan tool to eliminate guessing what is the problem/ trial and error method of troubleshooting. Most backyard mechanics suggest you replace this and that but still the trouble persists.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post
    Bring your car to a repair shop equipped with proper scan tool to eliminate guessing what is the problem/ trial and error method of troubleshooting. Most backyard mechanics suggest you replace this and that but still the trouble persists.

I did bring it to ford Q.Ave, and suggested to overhaul the engine because of loose compression (so much for the proper scan tool), i had paid 4k for that misdiagnosis. Two mechanic from different shops disagreed on ford's diagnosis. Its an ECU problem and it will be solve by repairing or replacing it. Its really better sometimes to get another opinion, 150-200 thousand is ford's q. qve estimate. Its almost the same value of the car, its crazy right? We already spotted the problem and I'm now trying to find a shop that can repair its ECU.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Meron pala nag rerepair ng ECU sa banawe. He knew my problem ng describe ko ang nangyari. Ford q.ave wanted to overhaul my engine and didnt bother to look into my computer. Imagine guys, wla daw cla devise na pan diagnose ng ECU ng Lynx. Meron lng daw cla Expedition at Ranger, analog testing lng daw gawa nila. No wonder hindi nila nakita ung problema at tumingin kagad cla sa naging effect ng naunang problem. Hindi din cguro masyado reliable mga casa it really helps to get a 2nd opinion. Imagine kung naniwala ako kagad, 150-200k later, andun pa din ang problem kc hindi nmn nila nakita ung sira sa computer... Hay naku...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    OK na Lynx ko.... I will never ever bring my car to ford q. ave or sa kht anong casa na ford. Walang loose compression or kht anong problem ang engine (na sinasabi ng ford q.ave, ung comp box lng, ni repair sa banawe, ayun good as new. Imagine kung pinababa ko makina, how much would that cost. Lesson learned here guys. Ung speedlab... isa pa yan!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfunky View Post
    OK na Lynx ko.... I will never ever bring my car to ford q. ave or sa kht anong casa na ford. Walang loose compression or kht anong problem ang engine (na sinasabi ng ford q.ave, ung comp box lng, ni repair sa banawe, ayun good as new. Imagine kung pinababa ko makina, how much would that cost. Lesson learned here guys. Ung speedlab... isa pa yan!
    What happened at Speedlab?

And are you sure that the engine really isn't low compression? Did they give you the results of the compression test? Because if they carried out the test, and Speedlab carried out the test, and both testers showed low numbers, I'd be worried.

I've had my compression checked by the casa, myself... and the numbers on the machine don't lie. They can be a little low if your oil is really bad, but if they're low enough that the casa tells you you need an overhaul, that means your engine is below spec (usually the numbers will be below 160 psi).
    Last edited by niky; December 17th, 2009 at 01:28 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    What happened at Speedlab?

And are you sure that the engine really isn't low compression? Did they give you the results of the compression test? Because if they carried out the test, and Speedlab carried out the test, and both testers showed low numbers, I'd be worried.

I've had my compression checked by the casa, myself... and the numbers on the machine don't lie. They can be a little low if your oil is really bad, but if they're low enough that the casa tells you you need an overhaul, that means your engine is below spec (usually the numbers will be below 160 psi).
    Ford Q. Ave didn't show any results, they just said loose compression. They didn't even bother to check why gas is leaking, i did the test myself with my mechanic. My car is back to normal now, no sign of loose compression or any engine trouble. Speedlab is a different matter, i promised myself never to go back to that place and ford q.ave.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfunky View Post
    Ford Q. Ave didn't show any results, they just said loose compression. They didn't even bother to check why gas is leaking, i did the test myself with my mechanic. My car is back to normal now, no sign of loose compression or any engine trouble. Speedlab is a different matter, i promised myself never to go back to that place and ford q.ave.
    I'm asking because typically, when you're given a low compression diagnosis, they include a computerized printout showing the psi readings of your cylinders. At least, that's what happened when I asked for the compression test from Ford Alabang.

As for Speedlab, I know the managers, and I think they would like to know what the problem was, so that they can correct the situation so that it won't happen again to another customer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
My Ford Lynx GHIA 03 is leaking gas to the exhaust