New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'm asking because typically, when you're given a low compression diagnosis, they include a computerized printout showing the psi readings of your cylinders. At least, that's what happened when I asked for the compression test from Ford Alabang.

As for Speedlab, I know the managers, and I think they would like to know what the problem was, so that they can correct the situation so that it won't happen again to another customer.
    I did asks for the results at ford pero wla nmn cla pinakita, they just said un ang findings nila. People at Speedlab are rude!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfunky View Post
    I had it diagnosed sa casa ang sinabi loose compression. Hindi ako naniwala kaagad so dinala ko sa talyer d2 samin. He said ung isang injector nka open lng kya malakas ang buga ng gas. Pinalitan nmin ung injector pero same problem pa din. I read somewhere na ECU daw ang problem, i just dont know kung ano gagawin sa ECU... Papalitan ba or repair? Or narereset ba ito. Can anyone help me out... Salamat mga bro.

Addtional info:

55T KMS
    Change Cam Pos Sensor 3 months ago.
    I read somewhere na sa ECU daw problem.
    what were the initial signs? nangangamoy gas ba pag start ng auto? i think i have the same problem with my RS, but usually i only smell it pag cold start in the morning, rest of the day ok na. i also noticed na lumakas gas consumption ko. my ride only has 20,000 kms on it so i doubt na loose compression yun. pa share naman contact details nung ECU repair man mo sa Banawe, pa check ko din yung akin.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    another stealership case!

ingat rin kayo sa ford commonwealth. ginto ang mga parts doon

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by celtico1 View Post
    what were the initial signs? nangangamoy gas ba pag start ng auto? i think i have the same problem with my RS, but usually i only smell it pag cold start in the morning, rest of the day ok na. i also noticed na lumakas gas consumption ko. my ride only has 20,000 kms on it so i doubt na loose compression yun. pa share naman contact details nung ECU repair man mo sa Banawe, pa check ko din yung akin.
    It's very rarely that it's the ECU that's the cause. In fact, with a busted ECU, a car usually won't run at all. Which is why I'm struggling to understand this case... because it makes no sense.

Right now, your car smells like gas in the morning because the weather is very cold. Add to that the fact that we are experiencing our first bout of really cold weather with the new E10 blended gasolines... which collect water in the tank at night, and your engine really won't run well until it's warm.

And the RS hates cold weather... from experience...

Your fuel economy looks bad, too, because when the weather is cold, the fuel rail return closes, so more and more fuel is pumped into the rail and the tank level goes down. Once the rail warms up, the fuel goes back into the tank.
    Last edited by niky; December 24th, 2009 at 02:21 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    actually it smelled like gas even during the warm months, but i can believe that the E10 blend probably has someting to do with it rather than the weather.
    i used to make 8 km per liter, but now i'm down to 5-6 km per liter. so parang the case of the injector not closing properly applies to my situation, same with your assumption with the fuel rail thingy i guess.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by celtico1 View Post
    actually it smelled like gas even during the warm months, but i can believe that the E10 blend probably has someting to do with it rather than the weather.
    i used to make 8 km per liter, but now i'm down to 5-6 km per liter. so parang the case of the injector not closing properly applies to my situation, same with your assumption with the fuel rail thingy i guess.
    Amoy fuel at lumalabas sa exhaust... Dinala ko sa banawe ung ecu ko at nagawa nila... Ok na ung lynx ko ngaun. Balik sa dati fuel consumption ko at pati hatak. wla ung amoy fuel at leak sa exhaust.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hi Sir jtfunky, pwede nyo po bang share kung saan kayo nagpagawa sa banawe? I have a different problem but basically i think its also electornic issue. I have a 02 model lynx gen 2 na po. help po please. thanks!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    mga sir warning lang din ,wag kayo mag papagawa sa cruven angeles walang mekaniko dun puro mason, mamasuhin un pang ilalim nyo at sisinsilin , and hindi pulido gumawa, wala pa warranty ang labor....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
My Ford Lynx GHIA 03 is leaking gas to the exhaust