New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    just wait for a few days to have a look and test too on the facelifted fortuner. newer look including interior means mas brusko. personally i like everest over the fort because they have the m/t variant wherein i can maximize it's full power...when needed hehe. i'm no a/t lover. sobrang tipid ako eh .

hoping too that the fort comes up with manual transmission gaya sa thailand. hanep ang 3.0G m/t

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The eve's leg room sa rear passenger is higher than sa fort. Not very comfortable if you have a tall passenger seated in front. Also the eve's third seat are for midgets compared to fort's. The eve's ride is more matagtag cuz it still uses leaf springs. The fort uses coil spring, which is not that matagtag. The eve's green instrument panel lights is so old looking compared to the white display. Yan nga lang, parang kapalit ng Revo yung fort sa dami nila sa daan...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Indeed there are those who actually preferred the 2.5 Fortuner but opted for the 2.5 Everest because of the manual tranny and the more power output the latter offers.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i go for everest, for city driving purpose go get the 2.5 and if you want more power go get the 3.0variant. daming issues sa D4D ng toyota.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks for your inputs....very helpful for me.

Last Wednesday, my wife and I saw a black Fortuner emitting black smoke, somewhere along Mother Ignacia. Bago pa siya, ZK**** ang plaka. I remember the horror stories I read in this forum specific to the 2.5 D4D engine. The more I became uncomfortable deciding with the Fortuner.

Do you think the new Fortuner (coming out this month) will have this problem (as well as the other issues -> tagtag, choking) corrected?

May I ask those with 2.5 D4D, what made you decide to still go with the Fortuner despite the reported problems? I'm really having a hard time deciding on the Fortuner.

With the Everest, my only concern is the fuel consumption. I've read that the Gen1 model is doing 4 to 5 km/liter only. For the Gen2, iba iba ang nababasa ko na FC. Merong 6; merong 8 km/lit. Anong experience nyo mga Everest owners.

Many thanks to all for your continued help.
    ronald.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    You have indeed quite a tough decision to make. Both looks good and have their own pluses and minuses. What I do when face with this situation is to go with:

1. Track record you feel more comfortable with (i.e. Ford vs Toyota).
    2. Anticipated resale value when the time comes.
    3. Pogi points :-)

Just curious why you prefer diesel. Not to add complexity to an already difficult decision, but if it's because of FC, you may want to consider the Fortuner 2.7G. I get about 6-6.5 km/l city driving and for an A/T 2.7 engine, I think it's not bad. You also get the responsiveness of gasoline. Plus, it's cheaper to convert to LPG later on making it more attractive than diesel in terms of FC. :-)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks Quan2boy. Kung hindi ko magugustuhan ang drive ng Everest, and kung hindi ko ma-a-accept ang D4d, malamang mag Fortuner VVTi na nga lang ako.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    malamang mag Fortuner VVTi na nga lang ako.
    Yeah...best value indeed. Btw, most of the Fortuner sales are of the 2.7 VVTI variant.

Advantages:
    -cheapest, best value for your money.
    -konti naman lang difference diesel and gas
    -you do not have to deal with D4D issues.
    -puede ipa-LPG in the future

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Guys, thanks so much for all the inputs. Very helpful talaga kayo...ang dami kong nakuhang perspectives.

My testdrive with the Everest went well...in fact, very well. I had an enjoyable driving experience; I felt the torque of the engine as it pushes the 2 tonner vehicle. I'm decided to get the Everest. Your inputs and the driving experience helped me finalize my choice.

Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stroker_200 View Post
    Guys, thanks so much for all the inputs. Very helpful talaga kayo...ang dami kong nakuhang perspectives.

My testdrive with the Everest went well...in fact, very well. I had an enjoyable driving experience; I felt the torque of the engine as it pushes the 2 tonner vehicle. I'm decided to get the Everest. Your inputs and the driving experience helped me finalize my choice.

Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat.
    Congratulations! Now head over to www.fordclubph.com and register on the forums to meet other Everest owners!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Forturner (2.5) or Everest (2.5)