New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I got this pickup truck (2013 3.2L Wildtrak) April last year. Friday night, I hear a knocking soumd in the middle of the dashboard. 3 taps. I drive a short distance and stop. Then 3 more taps. I drive home. No more knocking sound.

Nexr day, I turn the key to warm the glow wire. 3 taps again. Didn't use the car Saturday.

Today, I took the car out for a spin. 3X along the way i hear the knocking sound while the car was running.

Not consistent. It only knocks 3, 5 or 7X all the time whenever I turn the key to warm the coil or glow wire before starting.

I checked the oil, it's within the dipstick tolerance. No gauge lit up, no overheating, car runs ok with no hesitation or performance deterioration. Am stumped. Gonna have the car checked tomorrow with the dealer.

Anyone experienced something like this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Ipa scan mo na, pero malaki probability na sa fuel mo ang issue or knock sensor..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Did you say you have a 2013 WT? I believe the HVAC need update. It is in the other forums already they call it noise in the vent/dash. Apparently one of the vent servo is over traveling.
    Go to ford and ask for an update of the HVAC

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the help guys. Will have the dealer check the HVAC and knock sensor.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're hearing it when the engine isn't on, it's not engine knock. I'd say it is the AC that's making the sound, as erl919 says.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    It also happened to my WT. Sabi ng Ford tech... it's the thermostat which they will check, it's under warranty and they will replace it if they cannot fix/adjust it. I will have it check upon hitting 20K PMS, since, the "knocking sound" only happen when you are about to start and after you take out the key after driving. No effect naman sa aircon coolness, just a mild irritation.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Just an update. Brought my WT in and had the HVAC serviced. No charge as it is under warranty. Problem solved. Hope it stays that way.