New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    the CX-7 is here ... so possible kaya dumating din ito dito? lalo na since mag export din sa China?

Ford preparing to export Edge to China

by Chris Shunk (RSS feed) on Sep 17th 2010 at 9:01AM
    2011 Ford Edge Sport – Click above for high-res image gallery

The 2011 Edge is just beginning to hit dealer showrooms, but not just in North America. Ford is also routing the popular crossover to China in an effort to quench the world's largest auto market's thirst for crossovers. The Detroit News reports that Ford plans to ship between 4,000 and 5,000 copies of the refreshed CUV in the next year, helping the automaker add to its 2.6 percent market share in the still emerging market. Ford will need to charge more for the Edge in China than it does in the U.S., primarily due to the high tariffs which can reach upwards of 25 percent for imported vehicles.

Ford's China operation is excited to have a new product in the fold and Ford North America gets a busier plant and improved economies of scale. The Edge is the first North American product to be imported to China, but Ford is said to be considering more North America exports in the future..

Gallery: 2011 Ford Edge: First Drive

[Source: Detroit News]
    [SIZE=2]Photos Copyright ©2010 Zach Bowman / AOL[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    this is a big car, almost the size of the Santa Fe or Fortuner. hindi ito CX7 size as I have seen a lot of this 5 months ago sa states

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    any news if there will be shipments here in the Philippines. I've been eying on this car since I first saw it in the states.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
    any news if there will be shipments here in the Philippines.
    None yet.
    ...but the 2011 Explorer will be heading here sometime in mid 2011.

It would probably be easier for FGP to market the 7-seater Explorer here instead of the 5-seater Edge, besides the Explorer name is already known in the country.
    Last edited by AG4; September 19th, 2010 at 06:29 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    None yet.
    ...but the 2011 Explorer will be heading here sometime in mid 2011.
    yeah, I heard about that. Great transformation from old explorer tho.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    It would probably be easier for FGP to market the 7-seater Explorer here instead of the 5-seater Edge, besides the Explorer name is already known in the country.
    That would be great for FGP. They need to be more competitive in the market.