New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Can any one recommend a good mechanic who knows Ford Lynxs here in Angeles Pampanga?

Appreciate any help you guys can give...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Or any mechanic you guys know that knows how to do a Ford Lynx...

Getting a little desperate..car's been dead for 4 days now...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What's wrong? What are the symptoms?

Don't know any, personally... but if you register at http://forum.fordclubph.com , there are some members from your area who may be able to help you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ano po nangyari?share naman po?ano po sasakyan

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    What's wrong? What are the symptoms?

Don't know any, personally... but if you register at http://forum.fordclubph.com , there are some members from your area who may be able to help you.
    Hey Sir Niky,

Posted this in the FCP forum as well...basically the car won't start...it cranks and all...it starts if i choke the intake (took the filter out..short ram type) as soon as I let my hand off the intake...it dies...

I tried checking the connections of the sensors...cleaned the intake..and the MAF with contact cleaner...still same...only starts when the intake is choked...

Tried checking the fuel pump...i did see one of the contacts a little burnt...but I can't really rule out that it's the main source of the problem...but it does make sense to me...(choking the intake creates a vaccum that sucks the fuel...hence only starts when choked..but i can be completely wrong as this was just an opinion-based hypotesis)...

Car was left out in the rain...out-in-the-open office parking and roofless garage...then suddenly it would start...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Probably electrical then, and yes, probably fuel pump.

One other thing to look for is vacuum leaks... if it starts when you choke it at the intake, there might not be enough vacuum at idle to keep the car running... check all the hoses leading to the intake and the engine coming off the vacuum canister (that black plastic cylinder behind the engine on the passenger side).

Beyond that, difficult to tell... most electrical problems get worse when the car is warm, not on first start.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Ford Mechanics (does home visits) in Pampanga..need help...