New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My mags are already 99% round, it's just that if I have them heat-treated or banged out the last percent, I can't have the finish redone to look like stock...

But at least it's not obvious unless you look very closely:

This is one of the few clear pics I have of the bent mags... they still have a 3mm bend in the outer lip.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    My mags are already 99% round, it's just that if I have them heat-treated or banged out the last percent, I can't have the finish redone to look like stock...

But at least it's not obvious unless you look very closely:

This is one of the few clear pics I have of the bent mags... they still have a 3mm bend in the outer lip.
    In that case, better to leave it as it is. For as long as the tire is perfectly balanced, then it shouldn't be an issue. BTW, nice black rims on your RS.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrox View Post
    In that case, better to leave it as it is. For as long as the tire is perfectly balanced, then it shouldn't be an issue. BTW, nice black rims on your RS.
    Thanks. I came to the same conclusion.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Guys Tks A Lot Sa Reply And Apologies For Replying Late. I Decide To Get The 2000 Nissan Sentra. Mas Malaki Sa Loob And Aircon Wise, Superb Ang Lamig. Mas Luxury Pa Ang Design Ng Interior. Tks So Much. Maasahan Pala Tlg Ang Ganitong Car Talk. Tks And Congrats Sa Lahat Ng Member. You Are All Such A Big Help. Keep It Up. God Bless.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    congrats sa nabili mo!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ford Lynx experts, my ride is Ford Ghia 2000 A/T with only 39K mileage. Anyone familiar with the mileage efficiency? I find it on the gas guzzling side. Cam sensor has already been replaced with when it was on 25K mileage and coil replaced last 35K mileage. Is there any other thing that is expected to break down? Comments from experienced Lynx owners are appreciated. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What's your daily route? What time? And what fuel consumption are you getting?

Depending on the route, you can get anywhere from 6-10 km/l in traffic driving with a 1.6 Automatic... and sometimes even lower, if you drive in Makati during rush hour.

And note: it's summer. Traffic is horrible. The fuel economy I'm seeing from our test units is about 2 km/l or more worse than average due to the traffic and heat.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    hotrox,

actually, there is a silent mode for the alarm. I remember the dealer rep explaining to me how to set it when I got my Lynx almost 6 years ago. unfortunately, since I never set it to silent, I can't remember how to reset it now. have you asked sa casa?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Mga sir patulong naman. I just bought a ford lynx 01 Automatic, ok naman condition niya. Napansin ko lang na yung RPM niya nag fa fluctuate, although sabi ng mechanic sa shell minor lang daw yun. Anyway, im still worried na mag worsen yung fluctuation and mag result sa bigger problem so what i did was i brought the lynx to ford U.N. sabi nila may Php 1,700 daw na diagnostic fee. Ford Espana naman Php 2,600 pero parehas naman na deductible sa final payment pag sa kanila pina repair.Im afraid na baka magulat ako sa total ng repair nila.

May alam po ba kayo na shop where i can have the car checked and mapa repair na rin right away na reasonable lang ang price. im from manila nga pala.

Thanks in advance mga sir and more power to TSIKOT Philippines!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sir niky, i have read all your previous post regarding the camshaft position sensor because my ford lynx ghia 1.6 AT was experiencing the exact same problems.. car stalling on traffic and during hot weather and etc. I really valued your advices, so I decided to purchase a camshaft sensor from Fordland Banaue. Unfortunately, when my mechanic tried to replace the old sensor with a new one, the car would not start. The sensors looked exactly the same, but with different part numbers. My mechanic told me that the sensor did not click in place. With my old sensor i got the stalling problems at times, I just decided to replace it to stop the stalling once and for all. Now my question is this, is the newly purchased sensor defective? or must it have the exact part number as the previous sensor? Sir Niky.. pls help. am from Zamboanga. I really hope Fordland will replace the newly bought sensor. Thanks for all your inputs. I really value them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
ford lynx