New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    guys, i need your advise. im about to buy a 2nd hand car which is ford lynx. di ba mahirap maghanap ng piyesa nito? madali ba ito ma-maintain. first time ko kc mag ford. how abt sa konsumo ng gas??? pls help. tks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by josor30 View Post
    guys, i need your advise. im about to buy a 2nd hand car which is ford lynx. di ba mahirap maghanap ng piyesa nito? madali ba ito ma-maintain. first time ko kc mag ford. how abt sa konsumo ng gas??? pls help. tks.
    marami na rin piyesa ang lynx. sa banawe madami pagbilhan ng mga piyesa. kapag 1st gen na lynx ang bibilhin at kung 50,000km and above na nasa odometer tanong mo lang kung nakapagpalit na ng cam sensor at coil pack. magtanong ka rin sa fordclubph. http://forum.fordclubph.com

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Covered na ni rab. Totoo din yung sabi niya... even my "suki" garage in Laguna can get spare parts for me... and for special electronics like the cam position sensor, there are lots of places in Banaue (like Fordland) that you can go to to find them. If you don't have the time, casa prices may be higher, but they're not excessively expensive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Officemate ko ganyan oto 2000 model. According to him he gets 9.5-11km/l city driving. Pwede na.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I have a 2000 A/T 1.6L Ghia. In the 6 years that I've owned it from new, here are my comments/observations after 82,000kms:
    PROS:
    1/ Surprisingly reliable & "well-behaved". No major mechanical headaches except for a malfunction on the cam sensor which resulted in misfire and eventually a stalled vehicle on Katipunan Ave. Mileage was 60,000km.
    2/ Good suspension especially the rear. Firmness is just right for me (medium). I might add that compared to my previous Lancers/Galants ball joints, pitman arm, steering components are surprisingly sturdy and hence are still original except for some bushings and tie-rod end (replaced once). Still no kalampags.
    3/ Good acceleration with throaty exhaust roar.
    4/ Good gas mileage. Less than 1 full tank a week * 9km/liter city/hiway combo
    5/ Good steering response
    6/ Comfortable, spacious interior; nicely laid-out; generally good quality

CONS:
    1/ Cheap sound system; on/off buttons keep falling off (replace!)
    2/ RH front passenger central lock keeps failing
    3/ Alarm system shorted twice (to reset remove battery connections or switch ignition on/off 10times in quick succession); no silent mode; uses car horn to confirm alarm on/off (annoying to neighbors late at night)
    4/ Poor cabin insulation; annoying tire noise (do not use Goodyear tires! Use Bridgestones for a quieter ride)
    5/ Brakes a bit spongy

I plan to keep the Lynx at least for another year or maybe more unless it starts misbehaving. Good luck!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    generally nice car, i have a '04 gsi. na cover na ata lahat ni hotrox. pero mine has a silent mode sa alarm system. personally, i like the look, medyo angas ang dating sa front view hehe

btw, what gen po ba lynx ko? is it gen2? may gen3 po ba? may 3 looks kasi ako nakikita, syempre yung pinaka unang look ng lynx, then the face-lift, kaso i see slight difference with the tail lights, front grill and front bumper ng lynx ko compared to earlier versions ng face-lift. yung tail light ko has a clear circle for the signal light, yung iba ala basta solid red lang, then yung "ford" sa front grill ko nasa center, yung iba nasa upper portion ng grill, lastly the front bumper has a long narrow hole, yung iba ala, well meron din actually pero its covered by a plastic black grill

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think the later alarms had the silent mode because of the three buttons. Unfortunately, my RS doesn't have a silent mode, because the third button is used as an automatic trunk release. Useful, but not as useful as a silent mode.

Road noise is the same for later Lynxes. Sound insulation in the wheel wells is really poor, but it's no biggie with the right tires.

Unlike hotrox, I actually had to replace my ball joints (at 50,000 kms), but that was because the right hand ball joint was completely gone, thanks to two especially bad potholes... one after "Millenyo", in the dark on the highway... bent two mags... and one by some other driver (still don't know who), which scratched the right front wheel and knocked my alignment out.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Question: can bent mags still be repaired?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Question: can bent mags still be repaired?
    Depends on how bad. There are shops that will pound them with mallets, but this runs the risk of cracking them. Other shops, like the infamous Miller, use a hydraulic press to push them back out to round. Yes, I actually went there to have my mags fixed, but then, they were obviously and visibly bent.

The guys at Miller refused to bang them out until they were fully round because they might crack.

My only problem now is that none of the shops I've approached can return them to 100% round because they're "diamond finish" (high polish) and they can't duplicate the look with paint.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    There is a place along Alabang-Zapote road that can repair any type of mags, local or imported. I was referred to the place by a friend who owns a tire shop along West Ave. Apparently, this is where all the other shops that advertise "Mag Repairs" send magwheels left by their customers for repair.

For severe bends/dents (bingkong), the process involves heating the mag wheels to a high temp and reshaping slowly to original shape. There is also the usual cold process for mags na na-oblong. They either repaint the mags or buff polish to a high shine depending on the original finish.

Coming from the Coastal Rd., take the left side exit to Alabang-Zapote rd. A few kms. and just before the heavy traffic area, be on the look out on the right side of the road for what seems to be an empty compound with a guardhouse on the right side. Last time I was there a year ago, there was a "Mags Repair" sign by the road. Am not sure if its still there. Its right across the old Phillips Lighting Factory (now an empty lot).

Of course if you feel that repairing mags is such a hassle or is a possible safety concern (never had any problems though), its always a good excuse to get a new set of black-rimmed 16 or 17 incher. Looks absolutely B-A-D on any Lynx!! Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
ford lynx