New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Test drove the ecosport yesterday, yes it shudders when going out of steep corners, when on traffic and hesitates when you floor it. The delay when downshifting takes ages.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    is a bit underpowered on paper. The Focus is about 1300kg and almost near to our old 6th gen Accord in weight.
    I'll be coming home next month and will post here.

You may want to check this thread.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...d.php?t=323799

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    OFF TOPIC.

PHILIPPINE LEMON LAW in Pnoy's hands!

Republic Act No. 10642 | Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I wonder if Ford Philippines has received this new TSB update. Wish they can also cover extended Warranty of 100K "Miles" to Focus and Fiesta owners same in the US.

2011+ Ford Focus & Fiesta NEW Clutch Warranty & TSB Fix video.

2011+ Ford Focus & Fiesta NEW Clutch Warranty & TSB Fix! - YouTube

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Satisfied owner ako ng 2014 Ford Focus 2.0L SE Flex.

Ang di ko lang gusto ay ang shuddering from stop, may time na wala, may time na mayroon.
    Wala pang recall ang Ford para dito.
    Extended warranty ang pwede palang maibigay nila.

Diko pa natry ang fix ni FordTechMakuloco
    Hanap pa ako ng county road na mahaba at walang Sheriff or Police na nag aabang
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msA0...Llk98JddJLL51w
    Last edited by xda2jojo; October 8th, 2014 at 03:53 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    ice.jpg

Proud owner too! Mine is 1.6 Trend 2014 model. And yes, I have the same shuddering too but I dont know how it compares with others.Its not that harsh for me. I noticed it shudders when engine is hot and usually happens when I make sudden press on the gas from full stop. So far, I dont experience this when I release the break and let it cruise for a few seconds before I gently press on the gas. Parang may timing dapat. lol But of course, I dont normally do this in PH roads specially on heavy traffic cause I always have to beat others from it!

Well, I guess this could be a programming issue between the trasmission control module and the engine. By the way, I asked my SA and they have not received new TSB update yet.

I must say that our MK3s are not so good on stop and go traffic but performs great on highways!

Goodluck and safe driving!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ford replaced the TCM for free because the car was was shuddering and not able to reverse. After 1 month same thing happens. Then Ford is now charging 14500 for labor for pull down transmission. And when they opened the transmission they are charging 76500 for 2 shift forks and release bearings. They showed the transmission where the insides were full of rust. They said it is caused sa paglusong sa baha. To think that they were advertising the Ecosport having 550mm wading height. I answered if it's baha why then other components are not affected by floodwaters. Then they said that it might be to tilamsik of rainwater. To think that the Dry type DCT250 should be sealed for 10 years and Ford in other countries has extended the warranty for transmission for 7 years. Here its a robbery.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    My shuddering went back this year. They replaced my clutch assembly last 2017. Overall I love my car except for the shuderring issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    My shuddering went back this year. They replaced my clutch assembly last 2017. Overall I love my car except for the shuderring issue.

It's an issue with the DCT that will happen over and over again....

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    It's an issue with the DCT that will happen over and over again....
    So I will just have to live with it noh. Or kelangan ba ibalik ko ng ibalik sa casa?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast