The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Cez Pablo
    14 hrs
    TO: FORD GROUP PHILIPPINES: Ford

RE: Ford Ecosport Trend AT 2017 – Transmission failure

On October 2016, I bought a Ford Ecosport Trend AT 2017 at your dealership in Taguig. During the 1st few months, I have noticed the shuddering issues having compared it with other cars I have driven before. Since it was manageable then, I shrugged it off. I went on having my service maintenance schedules, and I was advised that my car is in good condition. I took that as an expert advice and assurance that I should not worry about anything.
    On March 2018, while I was driving from our house in Ortigas ext., Pasig to my Ortigas office, I experienced excessive shuddering; my transmission controls suddenly were not functioning well. I lost my Reverse, sports mode went off, Drive mode was running very low at 20kph and every time I hit the brakes, it seems like an engine of an M/T car about to shut off. I had to drive my car to Ford Libis at that condition, during the morning rush hours. It was horrible. The assessment and repair took more than a week.
    PARTS REPLACED: TCM and ACTUATOR B
    On June 5, 2018, my brother borrowed my car to pick-up his kids at Fairview, QC. On their way home, the same incident happened. Imagine having to drive a malfunctioning car with 2 kids on the road! Obviously, I cannot let them drive all the way to any of your dealership because it would be putting my niece and nephew’s lives at risk together with their Dad. My brother called me up and I immediately called your Libis dealership to ask for my car to towed. They advised me to call your Taguig dealership instead, since it is where I bought my car. (Actually, we bought 2 units from them). To my extreme disappointment and disgust, I did not get the support I was expecting for an obviously defective car that was issued to me. I called my insurance to arrange a tow truck service. It took 3 hours just to get my car towed in QC and brought to Ford Libis for the 2nd time in 3 months.
    PART REPLACED: ACTUATOR A
    My car is relatively brand new. These engine parts were replaced with new ones and I thought it was good as new! But NO. Every break down means another issue, another part to be replaced. It is very disappointing.
    On September 26, 2018, my car broke down again while driving in QC. Same Scenario, only with WORSE shuddering. Since I do not want to wait for hours to be towed, I drove from LTFRB QC to Ford Libis at 20kph having continuous shuddering and engine having a hard time during stops. I was scared to death, I was alone and helpless on the road.
    PART TO BE REPLACED: SHIFT FORK A AND B
    I’VE HAD ENOUGH. I am writing this formal letter of complaint because I want a permanent solution to this issue. I bought my car with my hard-earned money for CONVENIENCE and obviously, it did not serve its purpose well. I do not intend to risk, for the 4th time, my life and lives of my family, most especially my only child, having to ride that car again. Having read all the articles related to Ford’s powershift issue globally, I am dismayed with the service and unit that was issued to me. If you care about your customers, You should be reaching out to all of us and issue a RECALL.

Hindi po ako mayaman, so give me back my money. Hindi ako bumili ng sasakyan para gawin kong hobby magpabalik balik ng casa para magpa-repair lang. At lalong di ako bumili ng sasakyan para maging cause ng ikamamatay namin.

10/03: SENT THIS TO FGP AND DTI

PLEASE SHARE

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    So ano na nangyari sa "It's on us, so we'll fix it and move on. That's it. Simple."

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    So ano na nangyari sa "It's on us, so we'll fix it and move on. That's it. Simple."
    oo nga ano! promise ng top honcho ng ford ph. I hope they stick to their word.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    The Ford PH CEO will likely say "This is one of those rare cases in PH unlike at Australia and Thailand". They'll do anything to avoid huge legal liabilities.

Are there any formal complaints against Ford? Perhaps those belonging to Fiesta/Ecosport owners club can come up with a single legal complaint.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    This just sucks. Ford should replace the vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Either the dealers didn't get his memo or they don't know how to fix it.

September 26 yung issue...

August 30 yung tgp press release
    https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...smissions.html

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345