New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi kids!

Eto e para sa mga katulad kong mahilig magbutingting at kumalikot.

It may be a psychological pleasure to have some control over things or just human curiosity, some of you may share my pleasures. Some will feel its plain stupid to mess around with something that is working fine.

"To each his own" works well... Here goes:

In between the "hazard" and the A/C controls, there is a plain silver plastic you can pry open using a flat head screw driver or the large blade in your swiss army knife. (Kung masira to, bahala na). Bumukas naman sya and you can see in the picture the presence of hinges meaning this flap was designed to be opened and closed and not removed once an item is placed inside the cavity.

Taking a closer look, you will notice a metal clip around a plastic peg. Sinubukan ko isara, ayaw na. Put*##$$, payat P5,000 pa-repair nito

Cooling down and examining it more, I concluded na ihiwalay mo yung metal clip sa plastic peg. Insert the clip on the frame, then click! balik sa orig

Wala pa kong maisip na pwede ilagay sa secret compartment na to pero sure ko lang may nakabalak na and mga designers ng Fiesta. Baka naman yung inyong "voice control" computer and nasa loob nito.

If ever, the peg and clip should be replaced with those "push to lock" and "push to release" catches for it to be useful.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    *vivafoxpro

..bangis mo talaga chief.. hindi mo talaga tinantanan ha... ayus so confirmed na pwede nga talaga mabuksan yang cover na yan like what some malaysians did...
    ...kulang nalang is kung pano mapalitan yung clip ng push button locks.

..... natawa ako dun sa part na "ayaw na sumara" .. hahaha! reaction ko..."O ayan.. sige kalkal pa.. masapek ka ha.." sorry chief natawa lang talaga ako.. but then, you still managed to figure it out... nice

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GulongGong View Post
    *vivafoxpro

..bangis mo talaga chief.. hindi mo talaga tinantanan ha... ayus so confirmed na pwede nga talaga mabuksan yang cover na yan like what some malaysians did...
    ...kulang nalang is kung pano mapalitan yung clip ng push button locks.
    ..... natawa ako dun sa part na "ayaw na sumara" .. hahaha! reaction ko..."O ayan.. sige kalkal pa.. masapek ka ha.." sorry chief natawa lang talaga ako.. but then, you still managed to figure it out... nice
    Haha.. salamat!

Wala pa ako maisip na pag-gagamitan dahil an daming pwede paglagyan sa loob. Baka maliit na oven toaster pwede. Kasya kasi isang sanwits eh...

Pag nangati pa daliri ko lagyan ko sya ng automatic catches or magnetic catches.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post

Taking a closer look, you will notice a metal clip around a plastic peg. Sinubukan ko isara, ayaw na. Put*##$$, payat P5,000 pa-repair nito

If ever, the peg and clip should be replaced with those "push to lock" and "push to release" catches for it to be useful.

hehehe... sir, natawa ako sa pagmura mo... kidding aside, im glad you found something very useful. great for stashing emergency funds or anything else that can fit it! a compartment that you wont probably open for a very long time.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    i think since there are flat surfaces naman, you can try those easy to install velcro w/ stickon backs, which btw i placed on the sides of the ashtray/coin round container, to make it harder for my 1 1/2 year old kid to remove.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    "Fortune favors the brave" but sometimes the brave also lose their fortune.

Seriously, if one is going to want to use this compartment some modification of the locking mechanism is a must.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Haha.. salamat!

Wala pa ako maisip na pag-gagamitan dahil an daming pwede paglagyan sa loob. Baka maliit na oven toaster pwede. Kasya kasi isang sanwits eh...

Pag nangati pa daliri ko lagyan ko sya ng automatic catches or magnetic catches.
    Sometimes curiosity pays off. Good job sir. May mabibilhan yan na lock. The velcro suggestion above would work.

Dito sa Cebu, my auto shop thats sells different clipss, maybe they have that push pin type locks. I was surprised they carry different clips in different sizes and shapes.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by master siopao View Post
    i think since there are flat surfaces naman, you can try those easy to install velcro w/ stickon backs, which btw i placed on the sides of the ashtray/coin round container, to make it harder for my 1 1/2 year old kid to remove.
    Pwede yun sir, but you would need a handle or knob of some sort. Medyo apektado yung looks. Maganda gaya nung fuel cover natin. Di ba puro push? push to engage and push disengage.

Sa Ace hardware baka meron din.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ^^^^hahahahahahah. !#$% mahina ba ang 5k?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    pwedeng lalagyan ng condom. hehehe

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Ford Fiesta secret compartment