New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo888 View Post
    Update:-
    I connected my multimeter to the black and red wires to try and detect a current. (The square plastic connector box can be removed easily by grasping the box from the front, pressing in the buttons on the side, and sliding the box towards the footpedals).
    Interestingly, I did not detect a current. I tried with the car, engine running, in D and P without handbrake.
    The only way to test it fully would be to drive around with the multimeter connected to see if the current "spikes" when the seatbelt warning chime sounds (I don't have time to do this at the moment).
    If it did, and the computer is only sending the current when it needs to check if the seatbelt is engaged, then we have a good signal to trip the autolock
    Your pictures are very useful and most proper for this thread. It is clear that there are extra sockets in that connector, maybe for the heated seats or motorized recliner?

My own way of testing would be to use a crocodile clip attached to the body ground connected to the negative lead of the multimeter, one of the wires in question attached to the positive lead and hunt for voltage not amperage (current). Computer logic signals draw negligible amperes from sensors so even those rubber switches on your Playstation controllers work to transmit the signal of being depressed.

It is very possible to rig the brake pedal switch in series with the seatbelt switch so that when you pull out of your garage while your wife is still outside the car, the lock is not yet "armed". Once you insert the seatbelt tab, auto lock via pedal is enabled.

I should be able to investigate the seatbelt sensor by this weekend and report my observations.

I wont be doing this mod however on my own ride since the pedal only mod does the trick perfectly. Even while the engine is off in a dark parking lot, the locks engage upon pedal press. This won't happen if the requirement was to be running a certain speed for them to engage.

My Honda auto-locks upon pedal press only when the engine is running and all doors are shut well.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I just found this on a UK forum regarding disabling the seatbelt chime.

"Turn the ignition to position 2 and buckle and unbuckle drivers seatbelt 9 times. The light in the cluster will flash 3 times"

Source - http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=17854
    Guys, I just tried this, and sure enough, seatbelt icon flashed 3 times in the dash.....so I assume it worked. I will try it later to see if the chime is really disabled. It seems like our car is very similar to the UK version when it comes to software.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ^^ sir kevo888, please confirm as well if this can be reverted back to its original settings after disabling it. thanks mate!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pista_ni_jon View Post
    ^^ sir kevo888, please confirm as well if this can be reverted back to its original settings after disabling it. thanks mate!
    The chime disabling works. I imagine a "battery disconnect" would enable it again, not tested yet.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ^^ thanks for the confirmation on the disabling part.

would you mind repeating the same procedure to check if this will enable the chime back? i just found this thread which works for the mondeo and 1 procedure is done on activating/deactivating the seatbelt minder:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums...showtopic=1069

the reason for me asking is because i dont wanna disable my seatbelt minder permanently. hehehe. thanks again sir kevo888!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Tested and confirmed.....
    Repeating procedure re-enables chime.
    No need for "battery reset".

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ^^^ alright! thanks sir kevo888! mabuhay ka!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Tested and confirmed.....
    Repeating procedure re-enables chime.
    No need for "battery reset".
    i can testify to this. its all G - O - O - D!

thanks again to my brother from another mother!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    omg thanks for this. nakakairita ung chime e. lalo na kung you have to drive within the village lang nakakatamad na mag seatbelt! i dont need the chime naman na kasi habit ko na mag seat belt pero there are moments talaga na ayaw ko magseatbelt. will try this later. :D

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    omg thanks for this. nakakairita ung chime e. lalo na kung you have to drive within the village lang nakakatamad na mag seatbelt! i dont need the chime naman na kasi habit ko na mag seat belt pero there are moments talaga na ayaw ko magseatbelt. will try this later. :D
    One of the first things i bought for my car was this seatbelt lock extention from Blaze festival mall, its sort of a middleman between the seatbelt, and the lock, but is also a lock in itself.

Since its attached to the lock, the car reads it that you have a seat belt on and stops the chime, for a sari sari store trip, so i leave it there.

The good thing about this, is when you do need to put your seatbelt on, you simply attach your seatbelt to it. I stressed test it, and it is as sturdy as having your seatbelt locked directly.

Very handy indeed, and very cheap too, plus no wires to cut.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Ford Fiesta Hacker's Guide - things not in the manual