New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Sensya na, I don't get it.

So the easy fuel cap is there but madali lang ipasok ng mga nozzle. But di ba na-lo-lock ang outer cover when you lock the car?

Dati concern ko rin ito sa Jazz. It seems that the fuel filler cover is always open and you could easily open the fuel filler cap. But later I found out that the cover locks when you lock the car.
    Agree on this! I don't really see the what the fuss is about. You won't get access to the the tank without opening the outer cover first.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer_jc View Post
    Agree on this! I don't really see the what the fuss is about. You won't get access to the the tank without opening the outer cover first.
    actually the outer cover doesn't lock up together with the doors....it is always open...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    A screwdriver? Hehehe.

It's a flaw, but I don't think it's fatal. If people have a personal grudge, yes, they can muck up your car by putting water in the gas tank... but it's not fatal to a gasoline engine in the way pouring gasoline or water into a CRDi fuel tank is. It'll mess up the fuel filter and maybe the pump, but that's about it.

Much easier to screw with a guy by slicing his tires, smashing his windows or banging his door in. Believe you me... having someone kick in your door is more painful, financially, than having to drain a tank and replace a fuel filter. And it'll take them much less time than it'd take to pry open the lid, stuff a plastic nozzle into your tank and pour a gallon of water in.

+1 on this one, dont forget one of the easiest way. Buy strip-sol or brake fluid and splash it over the car paint job, so easy, effective and more damaging. And its not just the fiesta vulnerable to it.

Having plastered your concern over the net, has made your car more vulnerable to dark minded individuals. The are ways to change this design at your expense but total peace of mind and its not impossible to put a lockable gas cap. Nasa pinas tayo bros, nothing is impossible here, if you got the dough.

The fiesta is a good/nice car, heck I want one. But no car is perfect...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I'd rather go with sugar into the fuel tank if I have a personal grudge.
    +1... ****ed up fuel system....

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    parang hassle din yang locking fuel plug.. ano yan separate ang key? or same nang key? so kailangan tanggalin mo pa key mo tuwing magpapa gas..
    yup it's a hassle....but if it is the only thing that will provide me some peace of mind then i'll gladly buy one...prevention is better than cure....
    it is true that you can't siphon fuel out of the system....
    but the problem is you can't prevent malicious vandals in putting something either...and with disastrous results!....it's just like paint vandalism....the difference is that you really wouldn't know what happened when the car just won't start until diagnosed by a technician....
    if FGP can't find a way to integrate a lock in the fuel cap with the remote...then this locking fuel plug will suffice...we'll just have to buy an extra key so we need not get out of the car whenever we gas up...
    no matter this Fiesta rocks!!! I love the car!!! and much more this car will make you pray every time you leave it in the parking lot...hoping it won't encounter such malicious vandals.....hehe
    BTW, if such an unfortunate incident would happen?...can we claim warranty sa FGP or if proven its a work of a vandal, an insurance claim perhaps?
    indeed, a solution to the issue will benefit both owners and FGP.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    The more active this thread is, the more chances somebody will do something to your Fiesta.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wrexckz View Post
    actually the outer cover doesn't lock up together with the doors....it is always open...
    You should have that checked then because that I drove did lock. There might be a flaw in that unit.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    i won't be surprised if others will hold off or wait till this issue is fixed. it's still a valid concern kahit sabihin pa na convenience feature ito. by 'fix' i mean libre na yung keyed fuel cap :-)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    para sa peace of mind ng Fiesta owners, cap with key na lang...medyo me konting hassle pero me mga gasoline boy naman sa atin....

ok na yun....

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer_jc View Post
    You should have that checked then because that I drove did lock. There might be a flaw in that unit.
    kaduda naman account mo bro, since aug 2009 ka pa member, bigla kang lumabas sa thread na ito?

ako lang kaya may duda?

sensya na lang....

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Ford fiesta gas lid cover major flaw