New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    co-fiesta tsikoters, i think the gas lid cover is now a VALID MAJOR MAJOR SAFETY ISSUE, FLAW OR DEFECT simply because of the plastic nozzle that we fiesta owners have. ung plastic na ganung hugis, diameter & length is a proof that anyone can now easily sabotage our fuel tank by putting other fluids.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I agree with you on this pete! though it doesn't prevent me from buying one in the near future, it is a major thing to consider, and other buyers might think 2x because of this issue whether major or minor to some. FGP should take this seriosly and should not make lame excuses/comments in their FB page. This may affect their sales IMHO, if it is not addressed properly.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    i cant help but post a reply as well. though sa friday ko pa makukuha yung unit ko, im already worried with this gas lid that has no lock. kasi madalas ako pumarada sa mga "free parking". katulad dito sa atc, i would rather wait sa big mcdo or dun sa maxs/giligans side for a parking space than to park my ride sa meron flat rate ng 20php. wala kasi gaano bantay/guards sa mga "free parking" kung saan makisuyo na tingnan tingnan yung oto. mahirap na baka mapagtripan tayo dahil sa kung anumang dahilan nila at lagyan ng kung anong bagay/likido yung butas na nakabuyangyang sa sambayanan. sana fgp will do something about this issue...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Can you post a couple of pics bro., so that we can understand better? TIA.

What's with the 'plastic nozzle'?

11.0K:dunno:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    [SIZE=3]The gas lid issue isn’t a deal breaker for me, as I’d still get a Fiesta soon. Soon would mean pag may lockable cap na available from Ford Pinas! Maybe in time for Christmas? They can do this as a freebie. I wouldn’t want to use the car without peace of mind. Bangungot pag may jerk tampering an otherwise worry-free motoring dahil brand new ang kotse mo. Hope Ford do this ASAP! Salamat sa separate thread na to, this would bring the issue the serious attention it needs. Safety is anybody’s foremost concern. [/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Can you post a couple of pics bro., so that we can understand better? TIA.

What's with the 'plastic nozzle'?

The plastic nozzle comes supplied with the Fiesta for the owners use in putting additives or in case you ran out of fuel.

This just goes to shows that any object the same size/diameter of the gas nozzle can and will open the gas flap and you can now easily put foreign objects or pour any liquid into the tank.

Now the sad part is, the onwer would not know if anyone has tampered with your gas tank as you would not see any marks on the lid as you can just open this freely.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    *psjon - cool.congrats dude.may fiesta brother na ko sa south . natambay din ako atc.and nagpapark din ako minsan sa mcdo kpag mabilisang may bibilin lang sa atc.thanks for acknowledging the gas lid cover defect

*cvt - i think it would be best na wag kami magbigay ng pics nung plastic nozzle, baka may lurker dito na may bad intentions magaya lang ung sabotage tool

*ag4 - i did ask a lot of things when i made my reservation. note that maaga ako nagpareserve ha
    Q-anu pa kayang gawin ng voice tech?
    A-sa ngaun di pa po kami sure

Q-how does the dual clutch tech works?(kahit nasearch ko na sa web to just to test the SA)
    A-di pa po kami trained masyado.basta dual clutch cya and it performs like a manual tranny

Q-hows the maintainability nitong powershift?
    A-di pa po namin masasagot yan

Q-drive by wire na ba to?
    A-di po kami sure

Q-ung perimeter alarm gaano ka-sensitive?
    A-just like any perimeter alarm po, kpag nahawakan or nadikitan tutunog po? ( YUN PALA BURGLAR ALARM LANG )

at madami pang iba

i did ask about locking/unlocking to my SA and they said yes. it is integrated with the door locks malolock po din yan. and i believe that because that is now the standard features in other cars. who would have imagine that a fiesta so futuristic in looks, high tech in features, will let the gas lid cover always unlock?and worse, give us the tool wherein we can sabotage each other. WE NEED A FIX TO THIS ISSUE NOT LAME EXCUSES TO CONVINCE US TO JUST ACCEPT THE DEFECT.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by petevensen View Post
    *psjon - cool.congrats dude.may fiesta brother na ko sa south . natambay din ako atc.and nagpapark din ako minsan sa mcdo kpag mabilisang may bibilin lang sa atc.thanks for acknowledging the gas lid cover defect

*cvt - i think it would be best na wag kami magbigay ng pics nung plastic nozzle, baka may lurker dito na may bad intentions magaya lang ung sabotage tool

*ag4 - i did ask a lot of things when i made my reservation. note that maaga ako nagpareserve ha
    Q-anu pa kayang gawin ng voice tech?
    A-sa ngaun di pa po kami sure

Q-how does the dual clutch tech works?(kahit nasearch ko na sa web to just to test the SA)
    A-di pa po kami trained masyado.basta dual clutch cya and it performs like a manual tranny

Q-hows the maintainability nitong powershift?
    A-di pa po namin masasagot yan

Q-drive by wire na ba to?
    A-di po kami sure

Q-ung perimeter alarm gaano ka-sensitive?
    A-just like any perimeter alarm po, kpag nahawakan or nadikitan tutunog po? ( YUN PALA BURGLAR ALARM LANG )

at madami pang iba

i did ask about locking/unlocking to my SA and they said yes. it is integrated with the door locks malolock po din yan. and i believe that because that is now the standard features in other cars. who would have imagine that a fiesta so futuristic in looks, high tech in features, will let the gas lid cover always unlock?and worse, give us the tool wherein we can sabotage each other. WE NEED A FIX TO THIS ISSUE NOT LAME EXCUSES TO CONVINCE US TO JUST ACCEPT THE DEFECT.
    You should have asked us here or Ford Club Philippines if you had other questions.
    For now don't worry too much about the Easy Fuel system.
    Making this a big issue might cause people to actually try to see if they can tamper with the Easy Fuel system.
    Maybe you should try contacting FGP, send them a letter or email.

About the Locking Fuel Plug for the Easy Fuel system, Ford already replied yesterday in their FB page.
    Q: With regaqrd to the fuel cover, in Ford's US website they are selling a "Locking Fuel Plug (Part Number: 8U5Z-9C268-B)". The description on this item is as follows: Turn tampering away - enhance your peace of mind with this precision-fit f...uel plug. Easy on and off at the twist of a key. For Use with Capless Fuel Filler System. Fits: Ford Fiesta

* Ford, hope you guys will consider to import and sell this item locally.

A:Thanks Jeffrey, we will look into this!
    Last edited by AG4; October 20th, 2010 at 01:30 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by reefshark View Post
    The plastic nozzle comes supplied with the Fiesta for the owners use in putting additives or in case you ran out of fuel.

This just goes to shows that any object the same size/diameter of the gas nozzle can and will open the gas flap and you can now easily put foreign objects or pour any liquid into the tank.

Now the sad part is, the onwer would not know if anyone has tampered with your gas tank as you would not see any marks on the lid as you can just open this freely.
    Quote Originally Posted by petevensen View Post
    Thanks for the info bro reefshark.

And, understand bro petevensen.

Love ko pa naman ang Ford Fiesta....I used to own a first-gen Jazz, but never fell in love with the current one.... IMO, the Fiesta has a lot more character than the current Honda variant....

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    dude from your stand on this issue, it seems to me your directly or indirectly connected with fgp or any ford dealer. but eniweis, let us continue our argument

Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    You should have asked us here or Ford Club Philippines if you had other questions.
    at that time(1st week of september) all are clueless with regards to specific details on the ford fiesta

For now don't worry too much about the Easy Fuel system.
    Making this a big issue might cause people to actually try to see if they can tamper with the Easy Fuel system.
    are you kidding me?we are talking about tampering the fuel tank and you want me to take it easy?15k fb fiesta followers know about the gas lid cover always unlock and you want me to take it easy?available sabotage tool and any plastic or steel pipe with the same diameter & length to put other fluid in the fuel tank and you want me to take it easy?
    i learned about this issue in the fb when someone made a clarification on it and also here in tsikot.WE NEED A FIX po

Maybe you should try contacting FGP, send them a letter or email..
    confirm naman na anything posted in the fb fiesta will reach fgp e. so dun na lang

About the Locking Fuel Plug for the Easy Fuel system, Ford already replied yesterday in their FB page.
    Q: With regaqrd to the fuel cover, in Ford's US website they are selling a "Locking Fuel Plug (Part Number: 8U5Z-9C268-B)". The description on this item is as follows: Turn tampering away - enhance your peace of mind with this precision-fit f...uel plug. Easy on and off at the twist of a key. For Use with Capless Fuel Filler System. Fits: Ford Fiesta

* Ford, hope you guys will consider to import and sell this item locally.

A:Thanks Jeffrey, we will look into this!
    if this is the best that fgp can provide us, i will be happy with it. its better than ALWAYS UNLOCK. BUT, voice tech with a locking fuel plug? wait 20th century na ba tau or 1980s pa din hehe. pang jeep, owner type jeep & motorsiklo tong ganito e .. mas gusto ko pa ung may button or lever sa loob ng kotse at un ang mgbubukas ng gas lid cover. FIX THIS.INTEGRATE IT WITH THE DOOR LOCKS po

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
Ford fiesta gas lid cover major flaw