New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Why would Fiesta owners sabotage each other's cars?
    example po ng personal grudge na cnabi ko kay tidus kanina. so, id rather be safe than sorry

Personally, I wouldn't even point out the existence of the filling tool on a public forum... in case some unscrupulous persons find out about it and realize how easy it is to steal gas from a Fiesta owner (which is much more likely than people just randomly pouring water into your gas tank).
    actually, FGP almost made me believe that the easy capless thing is tamper-free.but then somebody ask if theres an available tool for the fiesta wherein you can put fuel additives because he saw it in the video that FGP provided in the FB site. and there it is, the sabotage tool.this confirms that the easy capless thing can be tampered.

*AG4 - cguro nga di pwede magnakaw ng gas, e yung sabotage nga po. who said anything about blackmailing? I JUST WANT A FIX

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    nakuha ko point mo sir petevensen.
    mga sir, hindi naman po kasi limited sa mga meron unit yung filling tool. actually, nasa you tube yung itsura nung tool at madali lang kopyahin ng mga noyping kolokoy. hindi rin naman sa binibigyan natin sila ng mga suggestion on how to ruin our new babies pero naghahanap lang ng mga prevention sa mga posibleng gawin sa atin ng mga lokong mokong. ika nga: "prevention is better than cure". nabasa ko rin po yung anti-siphoning na meron nga yung ford kaso nga po yung mga ihuhulog o ipapalaklak sa mga fuel tank naman natin ang problema kapag meron na filling tool ang mga loko...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Not all those on the Ford FB page are or will be Fiesta owners. Some are just curious, on the market and some actually buying or bought the car. With 15k people knowing about it, plus people they may tell then you'll never know how many will actually do something stupid to another person's property. I've experienced my cars getting my scratched intentionally, you can't really be sure what someone will do out of envy. I'm not in the market for a car but I love small cars so I joined the page.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Sensya na, I don't get it.

So the easy fuel cap is there but madali lang ipasok ng mga nozzle. But di ba na-lo-lock ang outer cover when you lock the car?

Dati concern ko rin ito sa Jazz. It seems that the fuel filler cover is always open and you could easily open the fuel filler cap. But later I found out that the cover locks when you lock the car.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    can this actually dissuade people and not to buy fiestas?

imho, NO. you'll soon be loving the car for what it is and it have.

i don't think ford put that kind of gas filler without properly researching and experimenting for the security of the user and the car.

OT: kasya ba hand grenade jan?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by petevensen View Post
    example po ng personal grudge na cnabi ko kay tidus kanina. so, id rather be safe than sorry
    All of you Fiesta owners should just join FCP or form a sub-group and be friends so you won't have grudges with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by petevensen View Post
    who said anything about blackmailing? I JUST WANT A FIX
    About pointing out the existence of a filling tool on a public forum or social network, thats what its good for.
    If thats not the intention, its better not to talk about it in public.

Quote Originally Posted by pista_ni_jon View Post
    nakuha ko point mo sir petevensen.
    mga sir, hindi naman po kasi limited sa mga meron unit yung filling tool. actually, nasa you tube yung itsura nung tool at madali lang kopyahin ng mga noyping kolokoy.
    Just don't feed ideas to possible "unscrupulous" people.

Besides everybody has a tool to pry open a normal car's fuel filler door that have non-locking caps.
    Last edited by AG4; October 20th, 2010 at 03:43 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Besides everybody has a tool to pry open a normal car's fuel filler door that have non-locking caps.
    A screwdriver? Hehehe.

It's a flaw, but I don't think it's fatal. If people have a personal grudge, yes, they can muck up your car by putting water in the gas tank... but it's not fatal to a gasoline engine in the way pouring gasoline or water into a CRDi fuel tank is. It'll mess up the fuel filter and maybe the pump, but that's about it.

Much easier to screw with a guy by slicing his tires, smashing his windows or banging his door in. Believe you me... having someone kick in your door is more painful, financially, than having to drain a tank and replace a fuel filter. And it'll take them much less time than it'd take to pry open the lid, stuff a plastic nozzle into your tank and pour a gallon of water in.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    No offense but some people are really "oa". Yes I get the thread starter's point but announcing it in a public forum could make the problem worse as more people would find out about what possible things they can do with your car. If people want to mess with your car, they'll do anything to mess with it.
    Last edited by glntVR; October 20th, 2010 at 04:22 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Much easier to screw with a guy by slicing his tires, smashing his windows or banging his door in. Believe you me... having someone kick in your door is more painful, financially, than having to drain a tank and replace a fuel filter. And it'll take them much less time than it'd take to pry open the lid, stuff a plastic nozzle into your tank and pour a gallon of water in.
    haha! i agree with you sir niky on this!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A screwdriver? Hehehe.

It's a flaw, but I don't think it's fatal. If people have a personal grudge, yes, they can muck up your car by putting water in the gas tank... but it's not fatal to a gasoline engine in the way pouring gasoline or water into a CRDi fuel tank is. It'll mess up the fuel filter and maybe the pump, but that's about it..

I'd rather go with sugar into the fuel tank if I have a personal grudge.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Ford fiesta gas lid cover major flaw