New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    That one was about the capless fuel filler that can be opened anytime... A psychopath was even accusing someone here in Tsikot for opening his fuel filler door...
    HA!HA!HA! Those were the early days of the Fiesta. I wonder where that arrogant fellow is now. If I'm not mistaken, two threads he started were both locked by the moderator.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by redsafariguy View Post
    HA!HA!HA! Those were the early days of the Fiesta. I wonder where that arrogant fellow is now. If I'm not mistaken, two threads he started were both locked by the moderator.
    Probably in Arkham Asylum!

Don't know what Arkham Asylum is? Its a fictional place in the Batman Universe. Its where all psychopaths (pretty much all of Batman's enemies like Joker, Riddler etc.) are being held captive...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkham_Asylum

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by my_BMW View Post
    An unlock gas lid can lead to anything. Pano kung may maglagay ng lupa sa gas tank mo? lagyan ng bato o tubig tapos ka don. Kung inis sayo at lagyan ng suka o asin ang gas tank mo? hay naku, pano ka matahimik bumili ka ng Ford Fiesta tapos everytime na ipark mo mag-alala ka kung may nagbukas ng gas lid mo. This is a serious concern for me. Iwan ko lang sa inyo kung ano sa isip nyo.
    I can feel the thread coming back! NOOOOOO!!!!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    isa din ba to sa mga reklamo ng fiesta user in thailand? yung cheap plastics and all?

OA nga yung recall - pwede naman pala idikit uli....

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    An unlock gas lid can lead to anything. Pano kung may maglagay ng lupa sa gas tank mo? lagyan ng bato o tubig tapos ka don. Kung inis sayo at lagyan ng suka o asin ang gas tank mo? hay naku, pano ka matahimik bumili ka ng Ford Fiesta tapos everytime na ipark mo mag-alala ka kung may nagbukas ng gas lid mo. This is a serious concern for me. Iwan ko lang sa inyo kung ano sa isip nyo.
    chief, I can open your gas lid with the use of a screw driver or anything similar to pry it open.. its easy... after that, I'm free to access your fuel system coz it has no lock. now I can do whatever I want...

on the fiesta, you don't need a screw driver to pry it open, coz the lid is not locked, easy right? now, after opening the lid, then what? there's no fuel cap but access is restricted due to the locking mechanism of the capless system. you now have to find a gas nozzle exactly the same size just to release the locks.. now, what do you think is safer?...

besides, kung sabotage lang naman ang usapan, sabi nga ng isang forumer eh there are tons of ways to sabotage a car... wasting your time breaking in on the capless fuel system while I can simply write my name on all panels of your car using my car key.. now that is a breeze.

*all
    sorry alam ko marami na umay na umay sa topic na to.. ngayon lang ako sasagot about this besides di naman ako nag participate dun sa dating thread eh.. pagbigyan nyo na ko.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Haha! Threeeee points!

Sana you can show with your fiesta that the things I posted there are not true.

Some people see a half empty glass, I just see it as half full.

Kahit siguro Strada, there are still things you would still find lacking.

It's a matter of weighing the good and the bad factoring in the price.
    Oh definitely agree with you sir. Strada is not perfect, nor do we post it, my point is lets post both the good and the bad about the car. Lets not sugarcoat it.

Ayaw ko rin to bring back the issue of non-locking fuel gas lid. But lets face it, thats one flaw of Fiesta regardless if it has safety measures. Anyhow as all have said, anyone can pry open any gas lid.

Fiesta for me is still a good car, if it had bigger rear area, most likely im an owner aswell.

So far, the negative about fiesta are:
    1 long gear change on 1st and 2nd gear.
    2. Plastic clips are flimsy (wheel caps)
    3. Not lockable gas lid
    4. You cant verify visually if all doors are locked. Yup i know there is the switch on the center console.

The other things i read are isolated case or for me lack of knowledge from owners.

I also agree with 1 post, most questions are answerable by just reading the manual.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    my point is lets post both the good and the bad about the car. Lets not sugarcoat it.
    Lest I be judged as one sided, I present for your scrutiny:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77141

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76849

I have learned so much in this forum, kaya naman I exert much effort to show the good (which the fiesta has many) and the bad with proposed solutions.

Presenting the bad without any viable solution is simply whining. Who wants to be a whiner?

If I were a potential buyer (which I was recently) I would appreciate such posts the way I did them.

Finally, I take it as a compliment when my humble postings catch the eye of senior forum bros like yourself .

P.S. - I'm sure it often happens with your Strada but it was my first when another guy approached me while parking and remarking how handsome the Fiesta was and asked details like gas/diesel/cash price etc. (I'm absolutely sure he is not a carjacker, I later learned he was a priest)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    So far, the negative about fiesta are:
    1 long gear change on 1st and 2nd gear.
    2. Plastic clips are flimsy (wheel caps)
    3. Not lockable gas lid
    4. You cant verify visually if all doors are locked. Yup i know there is the switch on the center console.
    I have confidence that you did a test drive of the Fiesta much earlier than us newbies.

To get the balance we all seek, us Fiesta bros will be delighted to hear from you sir the good points of the Fiesta in your own personal view.

Fair?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Everyone should also consider that the fiesta is a economy car means using economy parts if permits to drive the cost down. Nothing is perfect. Kahit na ang pinakamagandang chick na alam niyo ay umuutot ng mabaho :P so ganuon din ang fiesta may flaws na di mo maiiwasan pero di naman deal braker yan.

Tiningnan ko yung gas cap ng friend ko sa fiesta niya...iba ang design ng gas lid dito ng US version ng fiesta. Mas malaki yung black plastic sa loob (siguro may screw or more glue for the surface).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    An unattended car can lead to anything. Period.

Someone can just kneel down and cut your brake line or stab a tire short of stealing the whole vehicle.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Ford Fiesta Gas Lid Can Be Removed Forcibly