New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Guys, natangal ba ang gas lid cover ng Fiesta nyo? If hindi pa, please take care of it kc yung sa akin, natanggal cya.

When I checked the part, it seems that the gas lid is just glued to the hinge.

I'll try to post the pictures as soon as I know how to post it in this forum.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by izeman_x View Post
    Guys, natangal ba ang gas lid cover ng Fiesta nyo? If hindi pa, please take care of it kc yung sa akin, natanggal cya.

When I checked the part, it seems that the gas lid is just glued to the hinge.

I'll try to post the pictures as soon as I know how to post it in this forum.
    chief how did it happen? on your title it says "gas lid can be removed forcibly".. I think kahit naman ano kapag pinwersa mo tanggalin eh matatanggal. either by hand or with the use of a tool.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Here is a more detailed info.

Please note that the Fuel Lid can be placed back to the hinge but it can't be locked so if you close the Fuel Lid, tt can be removed easily so right now, I am driving without it.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GulongGong View Post
    chief how did it happen? on your title it says "gas lid can be removed forcibly".. I think kahit naman ano kapag pinwersa mo tanggalin eh matatanggal. either by hand or with the use of a tool.
    Actually, with enough force, I think it can be removed. What happened is that I was cleaning the Fuel Lid with a chamois in a left to right motion whiched caused the lid to fall of a sudden. As you can see in the images, there is no screw of some sort that holds the lid on the hinge but a glue.

I am not worried about this but I hope this gets fixed in the Casa and I hope that a much sturdier material is used instead of a glue because at high speeds, I don't want my fuel lid suddenly flying to the car behind me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I just want other owners to know that their fuel lid may also be removed easily because only a special glue is holding it.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Actually, with enough force, I think it can be removed. What happened is that I was cleaning the Fuel Lid with a chamois in a left to right motion whiched caused the lid to fall of a sudden. As you can see in the images, there is no screw of some sort that holds the lid on the hinge but a glue.

I am not worried about this but I hope this gets fixed in the Casa and I hope that a much sturdier material is used instead of a glue because at high speeds, I don't want my fuel lid suddenly flying to the car behind me.
    i see.. well thanks for the heads up! now, gotta check mine...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yikes adhesive lang pala yan... Better be careful with mine too...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I just want other owners to know that their fuel lid may also be removed easily because only a special glue is holding it.
    thanks for the heads up!!! nakadikit lang pala yan and walang screw. if you bring it to casa didikitan lang din nila yan. i think you can use multipurpose silicon para clear lang.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You wouldn't believe how many things on new cars are just held by glue or simple clips.

Not only fuel lid covers but also body side mouldings, window visors, turn signals, body cladding, etc.

That's just the way cars are made now. The phenomenon is not exclusive to the Fiesta.

The gas lid gets locked when the doors are locked, right? Just like on the Honda Jazz?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Ford Fiesta Gas Lid Can Be Removed Forcibly