The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ^^ +1. oa naman yung recall.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    As OTEP said, there are a zillion things that are merely glued or clipped on. Hell... that's how the Banawe boys manage to make so much money on side mirrors. They're just clipped onto the mounting brackets on the motors. Just one tug with a screwdriver and they come off.

buti nga gas lid lang sa inyo..

foglights nga ng montero sport isang tungkab lang sa cover tapos 3 screws na maiksi tanggal na

gone in 20 seconds! o wala pa sa mga mabibilis

7k a piece price sa casa

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckomenda View Post
    Use Dow Corning adhesive, mas matibay sa orig! Guaranteed
    Sir, may idea ba kayo kung saan nakakabili nyan?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    buti nga gas lid lang sa inyo..

foglights nga ng montero sport isang tungkab lang sa cover tapos 3 screws na maiksi tanggal na

gone in 20 seconds! o wala pa sa mga mabibilis

7k a piece price sa casa
    Ouch. Meron palang masmalala.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Why Glue? I think Ford Philippines should issue a Recall to bolt/screw on the Gas Lid to the hinge bracket....
    Overkill ang recall. The capless fuel system is sturdy and it seems that it will protect any dirt from coming in. I just want to get my fuel lid back in place para hindi mukhang naked ang fofi ko.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by izeman_x View Post
    Here is a more detailed info.
    Please note that the Fuel Lid can be placed back to the hinge but it can't be locked so if you close the Fuel Lid, tt can be removed easily so right now, I am driving without it.
    I suggest you glue it back again using something flexible like silicon sealant.

I will check mine and as usual do a report mga Sunday na siguro. Loaded ako bukas. (trabaho hindi alak, repapips )

I am pretty sure mine will also break if I use force on it. Plastic both yung takip plus the arm.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    You wouldn't believe how many things on new cars are just held by glue or simple clips.

Not only fuel lid covers but also body side mouldings, window visors, turn signals, body cladding, etc.

That's just the way cars are made now. The phenomenon is not exclusive to the Fiesta.

The gas lid gets locked when the doors are locked, right? Just like on the Honda Jazz?
    Wala sya doc. Away away nga sa isang thread tungkol sa unlocked fuel cover. Yun tuloy napika na ang moderator at ni lock tung thread

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    I still commend the Thread starter for discovering by accident regarding another fuel lid problem.
    So I guess Ford wasn't keen into details regarding the fuel lid and fuel lid lock.
    Na saan na pala etong thread ng mga praises ng Fiesta? Ay, eto pala.
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77313
    Just glue it back on with clear silicon and problem solved. Post it on FB fiesta so alam ng Ford. I don't think this needs a recall.
    Haha! Threeeee points!

Sana you can show with your fiesta that the things I posted there are not true.

Some people see a half empty glass, I just see it as half full.

Kahit siguro Strada, there are still things you would still find lacking.

It's a matter of weighing the good and the bad factoring in the price.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Wala sya doc. Away away nga sa isang thread tungkol sa unlocked fuel cover. Yun tuloy napika na ang moderator at ni lock tung thread
    That one was about the capless fuel filler that can be opened anytime... A psychopath was even accusing someone here in Tsikot for opening his fuel filler door...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    That one was about the capless fuel filler that can be opened anytime... A psychopath was even accusing someone here in Tsikot for opening his fuel filler door...
    An unlock gas lid can lead to anything. Pano kung may maglagay ng lupa sa gas tank mo? lagyan ng bato o tubig tapos ka don. Kung inis sayo at lagyan ng suka o asin ang gas tank mo? hay naku, pano ka matahimik bumili ka ng Ford Fiesta tapos everytime na ipark mo mag-alala ka kung may nagbukas ng gas lid mo. This is a serious concern for me. Iwan ko lang sa inyo kung ano sa isip nyo.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Ford Fiesta Gas Lid Can Be Removed Forcibly