New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    forget repair. claim the whole gas door under warranty.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rogie View Post
    thanks for the heads up!!! nakadikit lang pala yan and walang screw. if you bring it to casa didikitan lang din nila yan. i think you can use multipurpose silicon para clear lang.
    Thanks, is it available in ACE Hardware?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Why Glue? I think Ford Philippines should issue a Recall to bolt/screw on the Gas Lid to the hinge bracket....

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    You wouldn't believe how many things on new cars are just held by glue or simple clips.

Not only fuel lid covers but also body side mouldings, window visors, turn signals, body cladding, etc.

That's just the way cars are made now. The phenomenon is not exclusive to the Fiesta.

The gas lid gets locked when the doors are locked, right? Just like on the Honda Jazz?
    I checked and it seems that when the door is locked or not, the hinged/fuel lid is unlocked all the time.

In short, I can open it using a screw driver so ingat na lang where you park your Fofi.

Sorry to break this news out.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    the gas lid issue has been raised and debated upon months ago... YES it does not lock even if you lock your doors. it can be opened just by simply pushing it.. its just help by a push lock mechanism. and again, safety comes into play by the introduction of the capless fuel system. its locked until you insert the right sized nozzle for it to disengage. you don't need a screw driver to open it.. you just have to push it thats it.. but then, after opening the lid.. now what??

it's not about the lockable gas lid that got my attention, it's the "glue" retaining the lid and thats it. if even this happens to my fiesta, as long as I didn't lose the lid, I won't go to the hassle of bringing it to the casa coz its a breeze to remedy. the pics shows how, you can just use a sturdier glue than the original one. problem solved.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Why Glue? I think Ford Philippines should issue a Recall to bolt/screw on the Gas Lid to the hinge bracket....

RECALL?! are you serious?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hahaha gas lids always reminds me of a paranoid member here who already got banned.... He who shall not be named!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Use Dow Corning adhesive, mas matibay sa orig! Guaranteed

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As OTEP said, there are a zillion things that are merely glued or clipped on. Hell... that's how the Banawe boys manage to make so much money on side mirrors. They're just clipped onto the mounting brackets on the motors. Just one tug with a screwdriver and they come off.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I still commend the Thread starter for discovering by accident regarding another fuel lid problem.

So I guess Ford wasn't keen into details regarding the fuel lid and fuel lid lock.

Na saan na pala etong thread ng mga praises ng Fiesta? Ay, eto pala.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77313

Just glue it back on with clear silicon and problem solved. Post it on FB fiesta so alam ng Ford. I don't think this needs a recall.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Ford Fiesta Gas Lid Can Be Removed Forcibly