New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckomenda View Post
    Hey, so it seems 3 na ang with cracked windshied.
    Mga fofi braders: gambino, ryel and kumag

Paki share lang ang info nyo regarding;
    [SIZE=3]1.[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Date nakuha unit, to determine the batch[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]2.[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Full tint windshield ba[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]3.[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Anong variant 1.4MT or 1.6PS[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]tia[/SIZE]
    1. December 10
    2. Full tint - Platinum light
    3. 1.6 AT Powershift

"sorry di pa ako maka pag post ng pics as i was said in my previous reply."

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    from 2 accounts palang,
    coincidental; both have full tint windshield and are sport variant

definitely nothing conclusive

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckomenda View Post
    Hey, so it seems 3 na ang with cracked windshied.
    Mga fofi braders: gambino, ryel and kumag

Paki share lang ang info nyo regarding;
    [SIZE=3]1.[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Date nakuha unit, to determine the batch[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]2.[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Full tint windshield ba[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]3.[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Anong variant 1.4MT or 1.6PS[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]tia[/SIZE]
    Factory defect....

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Dun sa post mo sa kabilang thread, you mentioned nakabangga ka ng kambing. The impact could be a contributing factor sa windshield crack.

Malapit lang ba time between the goat incident and the time you observed the crack?

The FoFi is a complete system. What affects one part affects the whole. Have you tried filling up to full yung windshield fluid to find out kung damaged din sya?

Well i think 1 month+ pagitan ng accident. Sa tingin ko ibang case talaga eh. Yun nga pinagtataka ko..after several days wala ng leak. pero nun kaka accident pa lang nag fill up na ko ng tubig pero nauubos. Ano kaya sir explanation sa ganun? Baka kasi nabarahan na yung leak ng kung anu ano kaya hindi na tumutulo.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kumagpoko View Post
    Well i think 1 month+ pagitan ng accident. Sa tingin ko ibang case talaga eh. Yun nga pinagtataka ko..after several days wala ng leak. pero nun kaka accident pa lang nag fill up na ko ng tubig pero nauubos. Ano kaya sir explanation sa ganun? Baka kasi nabarahan na yung leak ng kung anu ano kaya hindi na tumutulo.
    Walang delikado sa buhay natin kung may defect man yung wiper fluid system.

Papalitan din naman bumper mo nyan sa casa. Ikwento mo na lang dun ang nangyari. Baka meron kasi fracture yung lalagyan ng fluid at nag-leleak on certain stress situations.

Para isang abala na lang...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hmmm....it seems several Aussies experienced this "coincidence" as well?

ell Jarvis say several Fiestas including one on their lot suffered spontaneous cracking of their windscreens around the same day... They think there was a bad batch of poor fitments. Curious that it happened to be quite a hot day.... I have not found any other evidence on the www , but will wait and see. A week later and so far so good but the car has not been driven far....
    OzBlog: Ford Fiesta 2010 Cracked windshield windscreen

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Here is the result of my investigation regarding the claim that a "sharp object" hits the windshield from below. A claim by the SA without even any deeper examination.

http://tsikot.com/forums/ford-cars-talk-78/ford-fiesta-hackers-guide-things-not-manual-78341/index7.html#post1756363

With the accumulated anecdotal and my own physical examination, it leads me to believe that these failed windshields were results of a substandard manufacturing process which not strong enough for our punishing tropical climate.

Of course, the knee jerk reaction of the dealership would be to point to external factors such as stone impacts or "sharp object" which they have no control over.

I would admire Ford is they would issue a statement similar to:

"It has come to our attention that a small batch of windshields coming from XXX factory are susceptible to structural failure. The following VIN numbers are affected xxx, xxxx, xxxx, etc.

We have imported replacement windshields for all of these listed specific vehicles.

If you own a vehicle included in the list, your local dealer will be ready to schedule your vehicle for windshield replacement even without any evidence of any cracks. If a crack has already developed and your vehicle is in the list, your vehicle will be given higher priority and your windshield will be replaced within 24 hours upon your arrival at the dealership.

This is in line with our commitment to full customer satisfaction."

Being sincere with your customers pay off in the long run. We are intelligent enough to understand the complexity of the design and production of any vehicle, be it Ford or not. Even the space shuttle, a billion dollar vehicle, designed and built by the greatest minds in the world suffered its own share of manufacturing faults.

Let's just continue to wait and see how this unfolds on the customer service point of view.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Here is the clickable link

My ability to post a clickable link has somehow been disabled. Maybe a new policy in the new Tsikot. Just copy the whole link below and paste into a new browser window

http://tsikot.com/forums/ford-cars-talk-78/ford-fiesta-hackers-guide-things-not-manual-78341/index7.html#post1756363
    Last edited by vivafoxpro; May 29th, 2011 at 08:29 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gaya ng sabi ko broViva, ganyan ganyan din ang nangyari sa batch 2009 forte....ang ginawa ng KIA, nag-iba sila ng supplier ng Windshield sa Korea at sa batch 2010, wala na nangyari pang factory defect windshields...

Gaya nga ng sabi mo, aminin na ng Ford para iwarranty nila ito, kawawa naman yung mga di nakakaalam......

sigh.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post
    Gaya ng sabi ko broViva, ganyan ganyan din ang nangyari sa batch 2009 forte....ang ginawa ng KIA, nag-iba sila ng supplier ng Windshield sa Korea at sa batch 2010, wala na nangyari pang factory defect windshields...

Gaya nga ng sabi mo, aminin na ng Ford para iwarranty nila ito, kawawa naman yung mga di nakakaalam......

sigh.
    +1000 ako dyan. Pareho ang tumbok ng gusto natin mangyari. You take the front, I'll take the back! wahehehe....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Ford Fiesta Cracked Windshield