New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    To all Tsikoteers,

Been reading up a storm of the many threads on hatchback available here on Tsikot. I feel like my head is filling up with facts and opinions but I still cannot make my choice. It is tough to decide on which one to get, which probably is a good thing because it means that there is a good range of choices available.

I am a first time car buyer and budget up to 750K only. Have narrowed my choices to Ford Fiesta 1.4L Trend MT hatch, Swift 1.4 MT and Jazz 1.3 MT. These are not the latest models available so I am wondering if these still deliver good value for the money long term. Will be keeping the car for at least 5 years and my selection criteria are as follows (in the order listed):

1. Low cost of ownership overall, including fuel consumption
    2. Good handling and comfort (includes cabin space/feel)
    3. Cargo space

As for looks, I have already selected the 3 based on looks

So which one is the prime choice? Appreciate your inputs. TIA.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Winner for your criteria will be the jazz. I dont have first hand experience with it. Nacheck and sakyan ko lang sa dealership but with regards to maintenance, low maintenance ang mga honda. Every 10k ang pms. Its also well known for its fuel efficiency. My bro owns a fiesta. Its not spacious specially compared to the jazz. Sabi nya matipid daw sa gas. 1.6 mt yung kanya. But the general feedback regarding FC online is that its decent at best. Gaz guzzler for some. No idea with regards to maintenance but im assuming that its slightly more pricey than jap cars. But anyways my pick would be the fiesta. It looks best for me. Unless jazz na top of the line yung kalaban. Sobrang pogi at head turner nun. The fiesta will also be in the market longer since its relatively new while yung jazz paexit na. Good luck. Either of the two will be great though.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I agree with Sir Mike.

Based on the 3 criteria you listed, Jazz would be the best.

We own a Fiesta sedan and what caught our heart is the style.

I would drop the Swift. My niece owns one and if you would pay close attention to the engine bay, the workmanship on the sealant seems haphazardly done.

The Fiesta's engine bay is neat and "meaty".

Good luck!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    No idea with regards to maintenance but im assuming that its slightly more pricey than jap cars.
    Yes, just a bit more, based on the feedback on various local forums regarding the PMS of the Fiesta and City (I'm assuming the Jazz is almost identical), the difference can range from under P1K to P1K+. Not much of an issue for something that would usually occur twice a year (not unless you drive more than 10T km in 6 months).
    Just choose the right dealership for PMS and don't accept additional services that are not needed like over-priced car washes which some dealerships even offer for free.
    The maintenance cost of ASEAN-made Ford models are not far from ASEAN-made Japanese branded cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    But anyways my pick would be the fiesta. It looks best for me. Unless jazz na top of the line yung kalaban. Sobrang pogi at head turner nun. The fiesta will also be in the market longer since its relatively new while yung jazz paexit na. Good luck. Either of the two will be great though.
    A facelifted Fiesta will be launched in a few months. (pre-launch activities have already started)
    Leaked images of the next gen Fit (Jazz) is now online, it may be launched in Japan soon.
    A facelifted Swift will probably be launched sometime in the near future.

*gj.projectx, at the end, the best thing to do is check out and test drive all three of them.
    Last edited by AG4; July 7th, 2013 at 04:14 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gj.projectx View Post
    To all Tsikoteers,

Been reading up a storm of the many threads on hatchback available here on Tsikot. I feel like my head is filling up with facts and opinions but I still cannot make my choice. It is tough to decide on which one to get, which probably is a good thing because it means that there is a good range of choices available.

I am a first time car buyer and budget up to 750K only. Have narrowed my choices to Ford Fiesta 1.4L Trend MT hatch, Swift 1.4 MT and Jazz 1.3 MT. These are not the latest models available so I am wondering if these still deliver good value for the money long term. Will be keeping the car for at least 5 years and my selection criteria are as follows (in the order listed):

1. Low cost of ownership overall, including fuel consumption
    2. Good handling and comfort (includes cabin space/feel)
    3. Cargo space

As for looks, I have already selected the 3 based on looks

So which one is the prime choice? Appreciate your inputs. TIA.

Of your choices, I think the Honda Jazz 1.3L offers the best value for money. Against the Fiesta and Swift, the Jazz gets better fuel economy while still giving you one of the biggest interior and cargo area in the class of car.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Of your choices, I think the Honda Jazz 1.3L offers the best value for money. Against the Fiesta and Swift, the Jazz gets better fuel economy while still giving you one of the biggest interior and cargo area in the class of car.
    I live in Antipolo, and usual route is Sumulong hwy which is uphill with 3-4 passengers on a weekends... would you still recommend 1.3L engines?
    On daily basis, just me and my wife siguro.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maclab View Post
    I live in Antipolo, and usual route is Sumulong hwy which is uphill with 3-4 passengers on a weekends... would you still recommend 1.3L engines?
    On daily basis, just me and my wife siguro.
    I'll just add, the 2014 Fiesta Trend MT which goes on sale this month powered up, it now has a 112PS 1.5L Ti-VCT engine which produces 140Nm of torque.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I'll just add, the 2014 Fiesta Trend MT which goes on sale this month powered up, it now has a 112PS 1.5L Ti-VCT engine which produces 140Nm of torque.
    This is where my mind is playing talaga... economical car ang priority ko pero not to the point na underpowered sya making me pay more on fuels.
    New Fiesta has 1.5L engine na. Pero kung kaya ng 1.3L engines like the new Vios, Baka magdalawang isip ako sa kukunin ko.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^test drive the car with all the passengers you intend to carry

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maclab View Post
    This is where my mind is playing talaga... economical car ang priority ko pero not to the point na underpowered sya making me pay more on fuels.
    New Fiesta has 1.5L engine na. Pero kung kaya ng 1.3L engines like the new Vios, Baka magdalawang isip ako sa kukunin ko.
    I think it's best that you test drive both cars and see which one fits you better.
    The Vios is a good basic form of transportation.
    When it comes to NVH, handling/ fun to drive factor, the euro-developed Fiesta is still one of the best in the B-segment.
    Last edited by AG4; August 4th, 2013 at 06:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is Ford Fiesta 1.4L Trend MT still the better choice in 2013?