New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 778 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by petixs View Post
    saw the Titanium at Ford Alabang.

W/o the proper test drive, I'd say:
    Looks are ok to great, love the new front... which will trickle to the ranger series.
    love the black ceiling.
    Space is not class leading but comfy enough.
    Like the placements of cabin lights in the rear and middle cabins, and is it me or the lights are already LED?
    Like the small grip and feel of the steering wheel.
    Lots of toys and gimmicks for the titanium ( puddle light. illuminated scuff plates, backing camera, 20 in wheels... etc.
    Love the big step board.

Dont like:
    Lack of GPS, USB movie player in the Head unit, at this price, it should be a given.
    Beige interior
    2nd row tumble seats are hard to use.
    A lot of internet and feedback about Fords reliability and CASA service and parts horror stories.

Bottom line, Ford has a winner here, right now, Alabang is saying the tag line of no DI's, but if they start doing the DI's they once did when the Explorer was hot, I'm sure a lot wont buy, specially if the new Fort and Monty prove to be winners or good alternatives.

Whats the the 4X2 AT variant to buy?

I'd go for the Ambiente 4x2 at 1.4M
    why?

The Titanium is about 240k more and believe me it's all just additional toys and features I can live with out, I'd use that money to but aftermarket rims I like and a good AV unit.

The Trend is about 140k more than the Ambiente, with just upgrades int he gadget and toys department, again I'd buy a good AV unit and maybe rims from the left over cash.

well this is just me....but of course if you got money to splurge, then go for it, its your money..your rules.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Looks are ok to great, love the new front... which will trickle to the ranger series.
    love the black ceiling.
    Like the placements of cabin lights in the rear and middle cabins, and is it me or the lights are already LED?
    Lots of toys and gimmicks for the titanium ( puddle light. illuminated scuff plates, backing camera, 20 in wheels... etc.
    Love the big step board.

Dont like:
    Lack of GPS, USB movie player in the Head unit, at this price, it should be a given.
    Beige interior
    A lot of internet and feedback about Fords reliability and CASA service and parts horror stories.

Bottom line, Ford has a winner here, right now, Alabang is saying the tag line of no DI's, but if they start doing the DI's they once did when the Explorer was hot, I'm sure a lot wont buy, specially if the new Fort and Monty prove to be winners or good alternatives.

why?

The Titanium is about 240k more and believe me it's all just additional toys and features I can live with out, I'd use that money to but aftermarket rims I like and a good AV unit.

The Trend is about 140k more than the Ambiente, with just upgrades int he gadget and toys department, again I'd buy a good AV unit and maybe rims from the left over cash.

well this is just me....but of course if you got money to splurge, then go for it, its your money..your rules.
    May naka display na sa Ford Alabang??
    Eyeing for Titanium 4x4 Plus yong additional nilang 100k hehehhe. it's time to save money.
    Sana magkaroon na rin ng dipslay dito sa Ford Cavite para mas malapit sa bahay.

Quote Originally Posted by petixs View Post

love the black ceiling.
    Love the big step board.

Dont like:
    Beige interior

why?

love the black ceiling.
    Love the big step board.

Dont like:
    Beige interior

why?

Eyeing for Titanium 4x4 Plus yong additional nilang 100k hehehhe. it's time to save money.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nel*carol1994 View Post

And I thought September pa ung release nito? hmm.. kelan kaya magkakaron ng display sa Ford Balintawak, same with TS I'd go for the Ambiente 4x2, btw, walang cruise control ang base model, sa ranger ko even xlt manual has it.
    Last edited by TholitzReloaded; May 25th, 2015 at 01:00 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    It's still September for the actual unit deliveries....

Ford Casa's has only 2-3 units to go around the showrooms ( NO 4x4 3.2 Titanium) so they are rotating the casa exposure for the units. The unit in Alabang was slated for display until yesterday only, now it's in another casa ( dont know where?) Suggest you contact your SA's to know when the it will be displayed to a Casa near you.

HTH

It's still September for the actual unit deliveries....

Ford Casa's has only 2-3 units to go around the showrooms ( NO 4x4 3.2 Titanium) so they are rotating the casa exposure for the units. The unit in Alabang was slated for display until yesterday only, now it's in another casa ( dont know where?) Suggest you contact your SA's to know when the it will be displayed to a Casa near you.

HTH

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Nagpa-reserve na ako for the trend variant last wednesday sa ford sta rosa.
    An advantage for the trend against the titanium is that it has black interior.

5. Join Date
    May 2015
    Gwapo siguro ng White na Trend variant tapos naka black tint & black intetior..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Wow, very good prices for the 4x2 variants kahit na 2.2 lang pero 160ps lang sya. It could have been 170-180ps pero ok lang yun. Sana lang hindi sya underpowered.

Worth considering yung 3.2 with premium package. Andami nyang features over competitors. And since benchmarked pa sya against the prado, hehe... Alam na. Anlaki ng price difference.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sawsawmaster View Post
    When you say Black interior as in ceilings, side panels and seat? If it is then it will be really good sa Trend. Madami ang umaayaw sa beige interiors

When you say Black interior, laxative bad as in ceilings, side panels and seat? If it is then it will be really good sa Trend. Madami ang umaayaw sa beige interiors
    Last edited by Jiggs; May 27th, 2015 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Typo correction

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Wow, very good prices for the 4x2 variants kahit na 2.2 lang pero 160ps lang sya. It could have been 170-180ps pero ok lang yun. Sana lang hindi sya underpowered.

Worth considering yung 3.2 with premium package. Andami nyang features over competitors. And since benchmarked pa sya against the prado, hehe... Alam na. Anlaki ng price difference.
    i think the 2.2 is just the same specs we have for the current ranger in terms of engine. 160hp * 3700rpm. which is for me okay naman specially its a people carrier lang din.

Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post

i think the 2.2 is just the same specs we have for the current ranger in terms of engine. 160hp * 3700rpm. which is for me okay naman specially its a people carrier lang din.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    When you say Black interior as in ceilings, side panels and seat? If it is then it will be really good sa Trend. Madami ang umaayaw sa beige interiors

Yes, black lahat according to the 2 agents (1 in sta rosa and 1 in alabang) that I talked to.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Yes, black lahat according to the 2 agents (1 in sta rosa and 1 in alabang) that I talked to.
    This is strange. The SA at Ford Alabang that I talked to told me that the Trend variant has the same beige interior (including leather seats) as the Titanium variant. Only the Ambiente is black (with fabric seats).

This is strange. The SA at Ford Alabang that I talked to told me that the Trend variant has the same beige interior (including leather seats) as the Titanium variant. Only the Ambiente is black (with fabric seats).

Ford Everest 2015