New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Guys what's your take on ford closure in japan and indonesia? Any chance of happening here in ph within the next 3 years? i am planning to buy a ford everest within the 1st quarter and my mind was set already for a ford everest titanium except when i read in the news that ford is closing its plant in japan and indonesia. This got me thinking what might happen if ford philippines closes also here

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Tingin ko naman po may binta si ford sa pinas. Kaya midyo malabo silang mag close dito..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Ford has almost no market share in japan whereas theyre #3 in the ph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by skenkoy View Post
    Guys what's your take on ford closure in japan and indonesia? Any chance of happening here in ph within the next 3 years? i am planning to buy a ford everest within the 1st quarter and my mind was set already for a ford everest titanium except when i read in the news that ford is closing its plant in japan and indonesia. This got me thinking what might happen if ford philippines closes also here
    it is common business sense to close operations in a place where it is not earning. Ford is #3-$4 here..... They are making money here.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    it is a typical business strategies for multi national companies to remove those less performing business units and focus to those that are really performing and have a long and stable business opportunities.

kaya yung may mga ford cars, wag kayo matakot and maybe in the next coming years ay rare na yang mga units nyo....joke!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Walang binta sa japan. Kasi di mahilig sa suv or pickup siguro mga japanese. Dito sa pinas uso ang malalaki kasi pang sabak sa baha at parang status symble.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Huwag po kayong mag alala na magsasara ang Ford dito dahil matagal na pong sarado ang planta nila :hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Huwag po kayong mag alala na magsasara ang Ford dito dahil matagal na pong sarado ang planta nila :hysterical:
    I just bought a Ford Ranger Wildtrak last Jan 8, should I worry?
    nahhhh. Such an excellent Pick-up! :jump::cool01::banana2::banana1:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    No need to worry, planta lang naman isinara, the sales network was expanded :thumbup:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Yeah, you should worry for parts. That's 2 plants as source of parts. Remember, ford also closed their plant here,

One hit to Ford's Ecosport here and they're done, and Mitsu and Toyota are both developing an Ecosport killer.

The Everest threat will solidify as the Montero Sport and Fortuner normalize their new stocks supply. The Ranger well I don't know about it's a niche market not exactly most Filipinos or even millenials would buy.

The sales data of 2015 put Mitsu and Isuzu on top, that's because of the continuous sales of l300FB and MuX. More people are realizing that l300FB is the best way to go for hauling. And get a cheaper ladder SUV for personal use,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast