New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by adshocker View Post
    how about yung escape? hnd po ba waterproof yung computer box nya?
    Don't think so. Not any more than most cars. Which means you can get lucky and not have any damage, or if you leave it on, it could short out. Most Ford guys I know are able to recover their Lynx and Escape boxes after a flood, but there are exceptions.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    san po ba nakalagay computer box ng escape? in case na bumalik si ondoy tatanggalin ko na agad... :D

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    san po ba nakalagay computer box ng escape? in case na bumalik si ondoy tatanggalin ko na agad... :D
    Not familiar. Under the dashboard somewhere.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lonerunner View Post
    may nakausap din ako tiga ford months after Ondoy and sabi nya yung mga SUV daw nila di masyado affected sa Ondoy nuon.. mostly small repairs lang daw.

di ko lang alam kung gaanon ka honest yung kausap ko.. syempre bias sya kasi he is from Ford, but sna he is telling the truth.

peace!
    hndi totoo yan may nakasabay ako sa ford casa global city na ondoy inabot malapit sa upuan. napaandar p nya ung kotse papunta casa para ipa detail. umandar so buo ang computer box ok ang radio ok din aircon. kaso nung binalikan nya after 2 months nasira ung computer box sira aircon sira radio.

ford casa makes ur car toughfon ( itatapon mo na sa dami ng sira at sa mahal imaintain. )

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Pinatakbo niya after mabaha ? That's wrong. Baka kaya nasira yung computer box niya.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^ Pinatakbo niya after mabaha ? That's wrong. Baka kaya nasira yung computer box niya.
    +1.

While it's possible to start some cars after a flood, it's best to dismantle everything and dry out all the components. Running electric current through compromised wiring can cause hot spots which will eventually short out and cause damage to the electronics.

Which is most likely what happened. That the customer was able to start the car and bring it to the casa shows that the car survived the flood. That he actually started it before having it checked over completely is the reason it finally died.

-

While some parts for the Focus are still on the expensive side (and note, similar Honda Civic parts are also pretty expensive.), parts for most other Ford products are reasonably priced, and not much different from parts for other cars in the same class. Despite needing to buy from Banawe from time to time, I have no complaints with maintaining my Ford Lynx RS. In fact, electronic parts are much cheaper and easier to find than for the Mazda626 I had previously, which served as the basis for the RS platform and the 2.0 engine.

-

Toughfon? Tell that to the guy selling his flooded Fortuner for just 500k. I think it's still for sale. Whatever the brand, once a car is flooded, it's worthless. At least with the Ranger and Everest, you can still use your worthless piece of junk without paying over a hundred thousand pesos for new electronics.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's on top of the back of the engine bay on the firewall itself.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    By industry standards it should be waterproof, but the accountants try to cut corners as much as possible to save costs.

Built tough? My vote goes to Landcruiser FJ40.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    san b nakalagaay computer box ng expedition? sabi nya hndi naman daw umabot sa computer box kac hanggang upuan lng.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Ford Built Tough?